gunbroker pricing

laktrash

From a sellers perspective I have sold 3 guns via gb and sold each for more than I thought I'd get. One was a Taurus 9mm and I got $150 dollars more than the best offer my local shop offered in trade thanks to some last minute bidding. If a bid is made within the last 15 minutes the clock is then reset to 15 minutes to allow more bids.

I know that a local shop that takes a gun on trade and then sell it at a profit. However, thanks to gb.com, the buyer got a good deal and I (the seller) made a good deal.

Just my:2cents: YMMV.

Edited by frontier737
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hi im drummer03

I have a question. On there they have a SA XDM.Says 549 delivered. Is that including tax when its trasfered to a FFL dealer? Is there tax? Do you still have to pay FFL transfer at the dealer recieving?

Guest Matchguy
I have a question. On there they have a SA XDM.Says 549 delivered. Is that including tax when its trasfered to a FFL dealer? Is there tax? Do you still have to pay FFL transfer at the dealer recieving?

1. Look in the description of the item in red print and see if it doesn't stipulate the shipping charge. The comment you quote indicates to me that the price includes shipping, but that's rare on GunBroker, so I'd look for a specific comment telling you what the shipping charge is.

2. If you purchase the gun out of state and have it sent to a Tennessee FFL dealer, there is no TN sales tax on it because it's an out-of-state purchase. Most sellers on GB say they only have to collect sales tax from buyers residing in the state where the seller is selling the gun.

3. Yes, you have to pay your FFL dealer his fee for receiving and transferring the gun, and you also have to pay $10 for the TN background check. Most FFL dealers want $25 - $35 to receive and transfer a gun around these parts.

So when you buy a gun on GunBroker from another state, your total costs are usually: The purchase price; Shipping: FFL Dealer's fee; TN background check fee.

Now, if you have your FFL dealer order the gun for you, it is he who made the out-of-state purchase, not you, and he has to charge you TN state sales tax in that case.

Hope this helps.

MG

Delivered means you don’t pay shipping. Taxes depend on what it says in the ad. Usually a retailer will specify taxes be paid if you are in the same state.

Your FFL shouldn’t collect taxes; they are your responsibility to pay. But I have heard of some doing it.

I have got some good deals on GB and as others have stated,you can get some hard to find guns there.

I looked for a P2000 in a .357 Sig sa/da v3 with decock for months with no luck.I found it on GB and it came with a .40 S&W barrel.

I have got some good deals on GB and as others have stated,you can get some hard to find guns there.

I looked for a P2000 in a .357 Sig sa/da v3 with decock for months with no luck.I found it on GB and it came with a .40 S&W barrel.

Nice choice neighbor. I have a P2000 .40 and a .357 barrel. :P Finding the .357 ammo local is a bit difficult though, so I have found out.

Nice choice neighbor. I have a P2000 .40 and a .357 barrel. :meh: Finding the .357 ammo local is a bit difficult though, so I have found out.

I picked up around 12 boxes from Mahoneys last Feb. for 23.00 a box.I was in WV at Cabelas and paid 19.00 a box all JHP's I have 15 or 20 boxes of FMJ's,let me know if you need a couple.