Go Navy!

raydog1

Guest Swamprunner

I was once King Neptune on a South trip (Antarctica). I dispensed injustice with impunity. Young officers feared me. Boots feared me. Sheep feared me. It was good to be king.

Anybody a member of the Order of the Golden Dragon?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AreSeeFiddyWon

I was among the last group of real shellbacks in 1992 aboard USS Independence (CV-62). We thought we were going to be Golden Shellbacks, but our orders changed and we didn't get far enough west.

The following cruise in 1993 was no sheleighs(sp?), and the only thing we could use was clean potable water. It went from a 5 days of wogwatch and pre ceremony stuff to 2 hours and a strict hands off policy.

We had to say polliwog and not wog too. Apparently 'wog' is some sort of racial term. Although I never figured out who it was supposed to disparage.

Oh the good OL days of wakening the WOGS and showing them the true meaning of a Shellback. Got mine on the USS America in 1982 and what a freaking mess, the ship smelled for a week from sick WOGs. I made the trip across three times. I do miss it. Great Vid from the E-2C boys.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.