How do you define "Liberty"?

Guest CrimsonTrace

Guest CrimsonTrace

Perhaps a good way to begin your post is:

I define Liberty as ...[you complete the rest]

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Personally, I believe most American's have long forgotten, or never knew in the first place, what Liberty is.

For me, I define Liberty as those inalienable Rights placed upon every individual human by Nature or Nature's God. Evidence of personal Liberty is recognized by the mere existence of the individual human being. These Natural Liberty's are bestowed upon every member of humanity, no matter what dirt they live on. No matter what government they live under.

The right to life. The right to live and preserve ones life (self preservation). The right to free speech and free thought. The right to own and keep your property as the fruits of your labor. The right to reconcile oneself with God or Nature in the manner or method of one's choosing and beliefs or heritage.

These are but a few of the self-evident truths America was founded upon. These rights were to be guaranteed simply because they are Natural. The federal, state and local government was to leave these Natural Rights alone while never failing to simply "recognize them" as being those things which are never to be touched or infringed upon. They were to be protected and celebrated.

What makes America the greatest Nation ever conceived by man is that it has remained as the only form of government which was formed with the full acceptance and recognition of these Natural Rights upon the individual.

Yet, even today we still have not achieved this most basic understanding and practice as to see all individuals as the embodiment of Liberty.

In America we are to be stripped of these Rights only when we are convicted of crimes committed against these Rights upon another in the application of "due process" within a system of "just law". But this is not the case. Instead, we are controlled, restricted and licensed to access many of these Rights upon the individual as the method promoted to benefit "society" or the "voters".

My Natural Rights - Your Natural Rights - can not be voted away. Even when our government fails to recognize them, does not mean they do not exist in the full measure they have been given by God.

Liberty burns as the flame of my soul. In my heart it guides my life towards the higher reaching hand of personal responsibility.

In short, Liberty is my personal reward for living a life fully recognizing & practicing not only my God given Rights, but the same Rights upon all other individuals.

Edited by CrimsonTrace
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest justme

I define liberty as having the ability exercise our rights which were ours long before the Constitution. Being free from unreasonable and unwanted governmental intrusions into our lives. Having a government that is required to pass only those laws which fully conform to the ideals laid out in the Constitution, while abolishing those which do not.

Edited by justme