garand firing pin

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 70below

Dangit Mike! What have you been doing with it? Not supposed to chip concrete with them! lol

I don't know of anyone local that would probably have one, but if you don't find one before the shoot this weekend, you can borrow the pin from one of mine.

thanks for the offer TJ. I will be out of town though.

I also doubt finding one local but figured it never hurt to ask.

Shot it this weekend, went bang twice then nothing but clicks and very light primer strikes. The pin broke off where the striker hits it at the back of the bolt.

Guest 70below

You're a magnet for firing pin problems.........

Thats a bummer. I see something like this and it reminds me I need to start buying some common parts that tend to fail for each of my guns

Thats a bummer.

It really was. Timing could not have been worse. We were camping at the Farm up in Indiana. All ready to shoot. Bunch of people looking forward to firing a Garand. I took a lot of ammo, ready to run through it all. bang bang click.

At least my quad started most of the time

Mike, I have a replacement coming from the usual source, I can mail it to you when it gets in, or mail you one of mine, your call. I'm headed home this coming weekend (going hiking/camping if the rain lets up).

Edited by Mark@Sea
The pin is in. In the mail this coming Tuesday.

Thats awesome, thanks Mark. I am having Garand withdrawels.

What the hell is this "if its not raining" crap?! Its only water. :koolaid:

:drama:

There is an old saying, " on every campout a little rain must fall"

Wish I could join you guys. Maybe next time.

Yeah, well, assuming that we don't drown in the great flood of '09, get eaten by a roving pack of angry raccoons, get mistaken for takeout by a bear, get lost, fall off a cliff, find some wilderness meth lab, are struck by lightning, run over by reckless deer, get stuck in the mud a-la la brea tar pits, and as long as SunTzu brings enough snacks, Sue will get the pin in the mail Tuesday.

Or if you want to run up Saturday morning, I'll be at home until noon, writing up my last will and testiment... ;)

Guest SUNTZU

"In 2009, a hillbilly infantry team entered the remote wilderness of the Pisgah National Forest, where they were promptly lost and beset by bears, pumas, rogue Indians, and a lost band of illegal Mexican immigrants they escaped deeper into the Appalachian wilderness. If you have a problem, and no one else can help, maybe you can get a Garand firing pin...if you can find them..."

DUNH dunh DUUUNH...dunh dunh Dunnnnh...du du DUH duh Dunh DUNH......