A Swiss Army Knife Without the Knife?

There's just too much violence in the world to have a utility knife actually feature a knife, says the maker of the popular Swiss Army Knife.  So, they're offering European and Asian customers a bladeless version so they don't stab somebody or something.  No word yet if KA-BAR plans to cut out the Marine Corps.

How Ridiculous? Blade-Less Swiss Army Knife Debuts As Weapon Laws Tighten  | ZeroHedge

• Haha 2

I have no words for companies that bend to the will of the few but a knife with no blade. I am so glad that I grew up in a time that allowed kids to be kids and adults hadn’t completely lost their damn minds. I now know why my grandparents and parents passed when they did. My grandfathers were born in 1896 and 1901. Can you imagine what they saw in their lifetimes. My parents were born during the Great Depression. I personally am a 1957 model. 

• Like 2

They just can't accept the fact that its not the object, its the person. 

My grade school teachers asked to borrow my pocket knife because they knew it was sharp. 

• Like 2

Sounds really stupid to me to make a knife that isn't a knife. Let the fools be fools, maybe this kind of sissification will help lead them to being bred out of existence.

• Like 2
Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2024 at 7:44 PM, BigK said:

Sounds really stupid to me to make a knife that isn't a knife. Let the fools be fools, maybe this kind of sissification will help lead them to being bred out of existence.

This was my line of thought during the storm coverage last night. Not complaining about the coverage, just the commentary accompanying the news. The best part is "Send us your pics! Don't endanger yourself but send us your pics" Kinda sums up the social media generation. But no, they aren't going away, our leaders will continue to "protest" them from themselves.

"protect" I think that was a Freudian slip on my part.

Hope I die before I have to rely on these younguns.

Edited by papa61
  • Like 1