Need advise - this is my first time. Be gentle.

Guest BigBob

Guest BigBob

Bought my first class 3 from Crowders in Johnson City. Item was to be transferred to another Class 3 dealer. Was told (by the receiving dealer) that would take 2 Wks. Then the receiving dealer would hold the gun until I received my paper work back. It has been 5 Wks and still no paper work back to Crowder’s. Is it possible for me to confirm that the paper work has been sent from Crowder’s??

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bwhited

The answer to your question is no. Your name is not on the Form 3 so the BATFE will not give you any info. However just have one of the dealers that is listed on the Form 3 call and they can confirm for you. My last Form 3 took right at a month and a day so maybe that will help you a bit...

Guest crotalus01

Form 3s usually transfer pretty fast, you might want to get your dealer to call and check. I bought a MG last year that transfered on a F3 from AZ to TN and it only took about 3 weeks.

30 days is the average right now from dealer to dealer.

Crowder still in the gun business? I thought he lost, or is in process of losing his FFL since the felony charges against him... Maybe the FFL is in his wife's name, or ATF is waiting for a conviction.

He has had a very bad reputation for several years. I thought that it had finally caught up to him.

Plunky: He was not in when I bought the gun - it was just the help. Don’t know what his inventory use to be but had very little -this only time I was there. Also his sign outside says Sale Inventory Reduction.

Thanks to everyone for the Info.

I am glad to hear that it could be just the normal delays that are going on. I was/am a bit nervous due to what Plunky is saying. I was told by a friend about Crowder’s reputation but he says I cannot get hurt on the deal and Crowder had the only one available sooo.

Does anyone know what would happen to my gun IF the ATF pull his FFL before the transfer happens??

Guest TnDeerHunter

The last dealings I had with Crowder's on a classs lll I bought a suppressed ruger 22 off him. To make a long story short he turned around and sold the same weapon again to another person and then turned in dupilicate papers on the same weapon with different owners. It took me 11 months to get everything straighten out and my $200.00 refunded from NFA. Good luck on catching him in the shop. If I couldn't walk out of there with my purchase I wouldn't buy, once he gets your money it's real hard to catch back up to him.

Don't worry as to if his license gets pulled before you have your item. ATF will make sure that the transaction is completed properly. What happens is they allow extensions for transfer for the affected dealer when a revocation is in effect. In other words, he can transfer out what he has, but can transfer nothing in.

I tried to deal with Crowder once, and he tried to burn me. Never gave him the opportunity to hoodoo me & have never been back there since. You know when the sign outside says "Vac & Gun Shop" it's gotta suck, lol.

If you have any other NFA itches to scratch, PM me & I'll try to point you in a less "drama-free" direction since I live in JC.

Gunrunners or Gunslingers are both great to do business with

+1

Exactly. I couldn't agree more. I have used Gunrunners several times for NFA & transfers, and have heard nothing but good about Gunslingers as well, even though I have not used them. I would not be afraid to use either one.

Gunrunners or Gunslingers are both great to do business with
Gunslingers is a decent shop and I like the people that work there. But I'm going to have a hard time forgiving them for when they were charging $50/1,000 for SR primers.
Guest TnDeerHunter

Gunslingers also put on a pretty good gun show in Kingsport. The only one I've been to that doesn't mind outside selling or trading. Didn't know about the inflated prices.

Gunslingers also put on a pretty good gun show in Kingsport. The only one I've been to that doesn't mind outside selling or trading. Didn't know about the inflated prices.
They are okay in my experience. I'm not going to hold the primer episode against them too much. Primers, especially small rifle, were hard to come by at the time. And they sold out pretty quickly, even a $50/1,000. I don't know all of the facts, so I don't want judge them too harshly. Who knows?. They may have had to overpay to get what few primers they had.