Need opinions on a Beretta....

Guest canynracer

Guest canynracer

Need some help here....

A buddy of mine wants to buy a Beretta 9000s Compact in a .40 for CCW....

I know, I know, there are better guns :devil:..

beretta9000s.jpg

I dont know anything about this one, so I thought I'd ask the experts here.....can anyone give opinions about THIS one? :up:

Any help would be appreciated!!!

-JJ

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing wrong with wanting one... that model isn't very popular, mainly because it doesn't suit many tastes. Strongly advise your friend to find one to put finger to trigger on... that'll decide for him more than anything. I don't like how they feel, personally. And, I expect that model to go the way of the Dodo once the Subcompact PX4 catches on. It's an obvious replacement.

The M&P Compact is a similar size, and has a far greater following.

I had one through the shop that I sold.

It's not a bad gun at all, a little blocky was the worst I could say about it.

For the people recommending the Px4 (and it is a nice gun), the Px4 is probably 100-150 more than the 9000S. That is why I bought the 9000 for the shop, a new name brand 40 cal compact that I could sell for iirc $350 or so.

Guest Rooster

I held one the other day and didnt really like it at all. Mostly because I dont have very big hands and its a rather chubby gun. It just didnt feel good at all.

I love my Beretta PX4 and it comes with different size grips, so you can change it out depending on handsize. berettaforum.net is an awesome forum for all beretta information, I check it out at least twice a day.

The PX4 subcompact should be out around January if you want to wait.

Guest canynracer

is it reliable and easy to conceal? how many rounds have you shot through it? How Much was it? did you get a 9mm or a .40 S&W? c'mon man, spill the beans!!!!

Guest Boomhower

I love it. I bought it from one of our members here. 9mm and I carry it IWB. When I was looking, Gander Mtn. sold them for $349. It's only jambed once one me, and when it did, it pilled the brass casing off the WWB I was using. I've put several hundred rounds thru it. I see you have a sigma in your avatar. I have one of those as well, and it's pretty much the same size, and I can only tell a slight difference when I have compared them on my belt. The couger being all metal, of course is heavier.

Cougar_UBG_Holster-2.jpg Cougar_UBG_Holster-1.jpg