Upcoming AK Operator class in Smyrna

Guest Todd@CIS

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dustin@CIS

Here is some more information about our upcoming AK OPERATOR class.

This 1 day course starts with a lecture on firearm safety, history, nomenclature, disassembly and reassembly (beyond fieldstripping), cleaning and maintenance, loading / unloading / reloading, proper zero, malfunction clearance and gear selection.

AK Operator continues with AK specific live-fire range drills that reinforce the topics covered in the classroom.

There are no prerequisites for this course.

Guest Todd@CIS

Hey, thanks for the kind words.

I know what you mean about Saturdays...I have to take the day off from work to be there! Unfortunately, I don't think we'd have much turn out during the week. Our next one will probably be on a Sunday.

Those damn job thingies get in the way of so much in my life...:)

Guest DonRickles

I think Rabbi was refering to saturday being Shabbas the jewish day of rest. Correct me if I am wrong Rabbi but from sundown on friday to sundown on saturday you do not drive, surf the internet, handle money or even turn on the dang oven!:)

P.S....I am planning on attending your class. I printed out your registration form today and wil be dropping it in the mail on Monday.

I think Rabbi was refering to saturday being Shabbas the jewish day of rest. Correct me if I am wrong Rabbi but from sundown on friday to sundown on saturday you do not drive, surf the internet, handle money or even turn on the dang oven!:)

P.S....I am planning on attending your class. I printed out your registration form today and wil be dropping it in the mail on Monday.

Sundown to dark but otherwise spot on.

When I took my NRA instructor's course this was an issue. I couldnt find anyone who gave it not on a Saturday. I emailed Bob Camponovo in Kingsport and he arranged one like Sun to Tues. It turned out a fair number of other people had similar problems, one was a truck driver and drove Saturdays, etc. So he got good attendance offering a class that people otherwise couldn't have taken. A sharp operator might take note of this.

Guest Todd@CIS

Ahhh, this Gentile did not catch that. I'm a little ignorant about those that observe the Jewish Sabbath and what that entails.

Dustin and I are not exactly business "razors", but we are going to offer more varied training dates.

DonR...glad to hear it! We look forward to meeting you and be sure to give us a call if you have any questions.

Dustin will be the primary instructor for this course.

Guest Todd@CIS
If my recently announced bonus doesn't get absorbed entirely by the retreat I am taking my wife on for our 1yr Anniversary, the weekend before this class... I'll be calling you.

LOL, if your wife is anything like mine, I suspect we shall meet at another class! :(

Happy Anniversary and enjoy your retreat.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Todd@CIS

molonlabetn...we don't have another AK Operator on the books yet, but we'll post it here when we do.

TNFlyer...yes, space is still available. Feel free to call with any questions.

• 2 weeks later...

Please do, I'd like to join in. (Have to work on 12/1)

molonlabetn...we don't have another AK Operator on the books yet, but we'll post it here when we do.

TNFlyer...yes, space is still available. Feel free to call with any questions.

Guest Todd@CIS

Thanks for the interest, guys.

Might be interested later if classes are open to John Q. Public.

All of our classes are open to John Q. Public...there is no "secret squirrel, operator only" with CIS. Just solid, effective, common sense stuff that works whether you have an issued gun or not. :down: