Post Op Sucks

mk19

So i had a kidney stone, yeah a bitch. decided to have an operation to zap it into smaller peices. all sounds good but it aint. before the damn op i could do whatever, eat what i wanted but now since Friday(day of Op) I've been peeing sand (good) throwing up(no good) my kidney hurts more, can't poop (no good again) have to take all these meds that make you not poop, and if you don't you have to deal with the pain. been having some wierd ass dreams, can't eat solid food, and drink my food out of a cup. this pisses me off. I want to have some Kababs, a burger, something yummy and spicey, not drinkning chicken soup out of a cup.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mustangdave

This is PRE ObamaCare? Imagine what it could be....a gallbladder transplant. I assume you tried all the old remedies...like drinking about a gallon of cranberry juice...works every time.

Guest HexHead
So i had a kidney stone, yeah a bitch. decided to have an operation to zap it into smaller peices. all sounds good but it aint. before the damn op i could do whatever, eat what i wanted but now since Friday(day of Op) I've been peeing sand (good) throwing up(no good) my kidney hurts more, can't poop (no good again) have to take all these meds that make you not poop, and if you don't you have to deal with the pain. been having some wierd ass dreams, can't eat solid food, and drink my food out of a cup. this pisses me off. I want to have some Kababs, a burger, something yummy and spicey, not drinkning chicken soup out of a cup.

Man, I've had several kidney stones, but never had anything like that afterwards. Of course in my case they kept trying to go in after them. No you guys don't want to know. :rolleyes:

My first one when I went to the Doc, he told me to drink LOTS of beer (to make me pee) and gave me a scrip for Dulaudid. I said to my wife at the elevator, "Great, synthetic smack and six pack. It's going to be a hell of a weekend." LOLOLOL

I ended up in the hospital with 3 shots at them grabbing it. I'd wake up, the doc would come an and tell me to take a deep breath and yank out the catheter. By the time I went home I felt like I'd been on a walking tour of Saigon whorehouses. ;)

But no pain like you're describing.

Been there. . sucks. I've only got one kidney and the stone got stuck. They had to pull it out and leave a nice tube connecting my kidney to my bladder. They left a little string hanging out 'you know where' and I pulled out the tube myself 2 days later.

The drugs did nothing. I would have rather been stabbed. . . would have hurt less.

It'll pass eventually if it's any consolation.

Oh i passed a few of them, that pain was bad but nothing i could not deal with forcing myself to sleep. Basically the stone was big enough there was no way to pass it (1.6cmx1.2cm) about the size of a sw500 bullet. I did all other remedies and all but when it is that big you got only one way, surgery. the surgery itself was cool, even though i asked for local anesticia, they knocked me out cold. I choose extrcorporeal shockwave lithotrpsy, bascially they aim a shock wave generator at your kidney (stone) and shock the area about 3000 times. seemingly they did break down the stone to smaller pieces :rolleyes: I did not want the tube and laser thing going up you know where, so just need to drink water and suck it up ;)

Guest tnmale46
man i feel for ya i had surgery two years ago to remove a 3 cm - 1.2 in. stone aint no fun 4 days in hospital. they went through my back into my kidney (Percutaneous lithotripsy) and took it out in pieces . Edited by tnmale46
Guest tnmale46
This is PRE ObamaCare? Imagine what it could be....a gallbladder transplant. I assume you tried all the old remedies...like drinking about a gallon of cranberry juice...works every time.

no it doesn't

Guest Swamprunner

Was in the VA hosp years ago after I was banged up and couldn't get out of the rack. so they gave me a catheter. I was in the OD corral when they "installed" it, but boy I was WIDE AWAKE when they took it out. Woo Hoo, she had cold hands!

It felt like the darn thing was all the way up into my throat.

Thanks guys for all the support, I am much better now- can actually look at my lap-top screen without wanting to tear my own eyes out, well not quite- :) my advice to people wanting to take Vicodin or its siblings, DON't. Sometimes the side-affects are more painfull than the pain it is to stop. or take 1/2 to 1/4 of what is prescribed. While i could not look at the screen i could read papers and read the 7 pages that accompany the drug. crazy ass ****. :)