New SKS

Guest hacksaw61

Guest hacksaw61

Picked up the SKS the other day. After a thorough scrubbing and soaking, I think I got most of the cosmoline off of it. Its still bleeding some around the bayonet sleeve. I cleaned the stock and put new coat of mineral spirits on it. My next problem is that now I have to go and find another one. This one has never had a round through it, and I cant bring myself to violate it. I want to keep it that way. I have been looking around, hoping to find that "deal". I posted a pic in the rifles section of the photo gallery. Hope I did it right....

Allen

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EasilyObsessed

You linked to a photo on your hard drive. Below is a link to the version in the gallery.

yugo.jpg

One trick to help get the cosomoline off....wrap it in paper towels and leave it laying in the sun for a few hours. You can also put the stock through the dishwasher. Make sure you get all the cosomoline out of the firing pin or you may end up running through a clip at full auto.

Edit: And why worry about keeping a ~$200 rifle pristine? Get some rounds through that thing!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.