Turkey season

Turkey season is fast approaching. I tried last year for the first time and didn't come close to getting anything. Where are some good places in east TN to hunt? Last year I went to Royal Blue WMA and saw quite a few but never got one close. I will probably end up back there again this year if something better doesn't come along.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GlocKingTN

Turkey is quite plentiful here in West TN. I own about 50 acres and they are all over it. During deer season, saw about 60 at one time walk within 40-50 ft of my deer house. And yes, I thought about it!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Phantom6

So, what are we taking (or at least intending to take) these turkeys with? I'm looking here for mfgr., guage, bbl. length, sight type and shot size.

Guest GlocKingTN
I'm going stock.

Remington 870 Express Magnum

28" bl

Sight: factory steel bead

Remington turkey choke

Ammunition:

Winchester Super X

12 ga

3 in

1 7/8 oz

#6 shot

I just hope to get a chance to take one this year.

This is exactly what I had! :rolleyes:

Guest nitrous_mike

If I go I will take my BPS 10 with its 26",Hastings XXX turkey choke, and try to see if i can find my federal #6 shot.

I had thought about trying my Benelli out but I have not bought a choke for it yet, I still need to get a pattern master for it and my 10 before duck season.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GlocKingTN

Here is a picture of what a buddy of mine caught on the camera the other day that he has mounted at his property:

tm_turkey_pics=jpg.jpg

Let me know if you cant see it! Im having problems getting my pictures to post for some reason!

Guest GlocKingTN
dang..I want to learn how to drag and drop pics instead of posting links!

Hey tower, this is how I do it: First, I post the picture on the website Im gonna host with (flickr,photobucket,yesalbum,etc.). 2nd, I right click the picture after uploading it to the sight. 3rd, I select properties, at the bottom of the pop-up. 4th, I highlight the path of the picture. 5th, I paste it in the box that pops up when you hit the image box on the forum! Lastly, I hit ok! That usually does it for me!

Anybody have any luck this weekend??

My son got a turkey Saturday morning. My father-in-law took him (he's 10) and he bagged a good one. It weighed 19 1/2 lbs. with a 10" beard and 1 1/4" spurs. It was his first turkey and he was beside himself. He got it with his Charles Daily 20ga youth model with the full choke in it shooting 1 1/4 oz #6 shot remington wingmaster shells. Needless to say, we're getting a full mount of it in strut with the tail fanned out. He got his first deer last fall and the mount should be back in a couple weeks for that one. Looks like I've got a good little hunter on my hands.