• Florida Gators
    • football? i don't watch no stinking football

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JHatmaker

Just got back from the game, here are some crappy cell phone pictures. And yes, I am going to Cali for the Championship game :D

Tebow Crying on the big screen:

photo.jpg

Scoreboard shot:

photo-2.jpg

End of game field shot:

photo-1.jpg

Roll Tide!!!!

Guest Sgt. Joe

Well I am one Semi-Happy Gator fan, But I do wish I had seen this thread over the weekend.

Sorry for the length but College football and the Gators are my passion.

I only ever BET on the Gators to LOSE....I ran my record on that to 4-1 over the years Sat. I love taking my fellow Gator fans money, or food as it usually turns out to be. My only stumble was when FL played a AR few years back in the SEC Champ. I did lose that one as FL won.

I have been saying since the middle of the season that Urban needed to put in some new plays, thing was I didnt get to tell him personally and he didnt ever "get it". I feel not only was FL out played they were out-coached, and that is what the 4 million a year is all about.

Think about it.....for the past few years it is 3rd and two.....what is FL going to do?.....Why in the heck they have never faked that run up the middle and thrown a pass? WHY I SCREAM WHY:screwy:

You can bet your bottom dollar Spurrier would have had a few new wrinkles for a championship re-match game.

I told my sons that the little shuttle pass that has been so successful all year was not going to work against BAMA, and sure enough every time they tried it, there was a defender waiting. BAMA did not pay that man 4 million a year to make it to the game and lose. BAMA had the pay-back thing going along with looking better all year.

Am I disapointed?...YOU BET...This is college football and IMO the season is too short and there isnt any room for any mistakes, I enjoy it much more than the Pros.

DO I wish we could have repeated...well sure but we aint going to and I did see it coming, I have two first class meals waiting on me because of it, and I love FREE food near as much as college football :koolaid:

As far as the crying I have seen it many many times and dont think it is something to be ashamed of, I was however very disappointed when Tim did it because I have a just turned 9 year old who worships the Gators (wonder where he got that from?) and has in his few years of actually paying attention really only known Tim to be the QB at FL.......I had prepared both my boys to lose the game and while my heart was breaking at the end as was both my boy's, we were doing OK.....When the little one saw Tim crying he lost it......

All in all that even turned out OK also as it gave me a very good teaching moment and plenty of them hugs that are slowly going away as he gets older.

I explained that in my 52 years FL has only won 3 National Titles and that he was a bit spoiled in that he had already seen two of them in his short life, the oldest all three. I explained that 12-1 was nothing to be ashamed about and that we played in the toughest conference (opinion I know) in the country.

I also told him we would have a chance to beat a team that had not been beaten all year, and and that my friends is where my dilemma lies....having lived in Ohio a time or two at Wright Pat AFB as a kid the Bearcats have always been one of my favorite "little" schools.......The also played IMO the best game of the day in their comeback against Pitt.

Do I want Tim to win his last game ? SURE....Do I want to see the underdog win a big one....ALWAYS. One of the Gator friends I have is also a Bearcat fan, at least she was smart enough not to take my bet.

And I should mention while no one in the country it seemed was giving Tn a chance in the swamp this year I came really close to making that bet then.....really close.....our bets are always straight up...but my friends thought me so crazy they were going to give me 14 points in the TN game. But I guess two meals will be enough.

For those who think all Gator fans will be pulling for Texas you are wrong...I am Gator first SEC second, it is going to be interesting here as the wife is big Long Horn fan, yet a UT grad? (women?) They asked the TX coach about the game and he said Nebraska had a heck of a defense..DO WHAT?....if that is what the problem really was they stand no chance against the Tide.

I also agree that the added second was a joke and makes me want to believe some of the Tin-Foil stuff about the refs I have read this year.

If I havent bored you to death yet a few other thoughts. Personally I am glad Tim is gone there has been way too much attention on him and not on the team. My biggest concern is whether or not the Twins jump to the pros.....if they do I feel sorry for Brantley our next QB as he will be a senior and will have no protection at all.

Next years prediction is Bama vs TN for the SEC

CONGRATS TO THE ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE.....Now go get the SEC another National Title ;)

Sgt Joe. I don't know you but I like you. That is the most level headed discussion I think I have ever read.

As far as Tebow goes. Whether you like or hate FL he is a quality person. Guys like him don't come along ofter and what ever school gets them is fortunate.

Guest Sgt. Joe
Sgt Joe. I don't know you but I like you. That is the most level headed discussion I think I have ever read.

As far as Tebow goes. Whether you like or hate FL he is a quality person. Guys like him don't come along ofter and what ever school gets them is fortunate.

Well thanks Bubba, I am sure we would have a blast if we was to get together.....I can tell that by your sig lines.:koolaid: But man I sure aint nutin special.....just long winded and opinionated :hiding:

Guest clsutton21

Well thanks Bubba, I am sure we would have a blast if we was to get together.....I can tell that by your sig lines.:koolaid: But man I sure aint nutin special.....just long winded and opinionated :hiding:

When's the wedding?

Guest abailey362

haven't gotten all my pics uploaded yet, but here's one of my faves from the final snap of the game

takingaknee2.jpg

not sure why it is resizing so small

Edited by abailey362