CZ 82

Guest pawn

Guest Synghyn

Not a CZ82, but I have a 83, pretty much identical, but the 83 is in .380, or 9mm Browning. Otherwise, identical gun as far as I know. Great shooter, pretty accurate, loads of fun to plink with. Does eject the shells far and wide.

You should love it, I like mine alot.

Syn

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Southern Ohio Gun has the best deal on 82's I've found. Your choice of holsters, plus extra mag/mag pouch for < $200. All mine were TGI, w/ import marks on the bottom of the slide.

You must register and send in your FFL/C&R to see their prices.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Drewsett

Just picked up one of these myself, but I purchased mine locally at Eastside. Didn't pay much more than I would have paid online unless you figure in tax...but I don't have my C&R yet so I would have to pay transfer and tics so I guess it's a wash really.

Love the gun so far, can't wait to get out and shoot it!

EDIT: Oh, and Academy in Cool Springs had FMJ Monarch steel core 9mak for 9.99 a box

Edited by Drewsett
Guest Drewsett

So, took the CZ82 out to the range....LOVE IT! The wife didn't like the recoil...it's a little to snappy and hurts the web of her hand...but hey that means I don't have to share when I go shoot!

I field stripped it to clean it when I got home (I LOVE how easy it is to field strip)...but I decided that the trigger guard assembly was a little dirty, so I removed the pin holding the guard on to clean it. It all went off without a hitch until put the gun back together and the slide stop lever fell out. The slide stop spring is an absolute PAIN to get back in and even harder to find if you don't know when/how/where it came out, so just a word of caution...pay VERY close attention to where it is if you ever remove the trigger guard...after 4 hours I managed to get it back into place. Oh and I came across this great guide for complete dissassembly and reassembly CZ-82 Disassembly and Assembly

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Drewsett

After reading some of these comments and doing a little of research...I've found the reason the CZ82's "throw brass into the next county" is that their recoil springs are worn out. I picked up Wolff spings "calibration kit" which has three different spring strengths. Once I get it in the mail I'll post up some results...maybe it'll cut back on the recoil a little as well and I'll be able to convince my wife to shoot it.

Guest Broomhead

I have been thinking of picking up one of those kits, or at least the spring my Dad got for his, IIRC the 18# one.

Academy has the best deal on target 9x18 with the Monarch mentioned earlier. Can't beat 10 bucks a box. I bought my Dad 2 boxes for Christmas.

I need to pick up some target ammo bad. I only have two mags worth of ammo period, Silver Bear JHPs. I can't wait to get out and do some more shooting with her.

Guest Boogieman

I've been looking at the CZ82 alot lately. Was wondering if they are pretty common on the market? I am hoping to find one at the Gun Show this weekend instead of having to buy online and incur all the extra fees. From everything I've looked at they are a really nice choice. Fits perfectly into my budget too. Are parts and accessories(mags, holsters) readily available too? Also, is this something that I could use as an every day carry/SD weapon?

Guest Drewsett

They certainly aren't as common on the market as American guns...but I guess as they're being retired from police and military service in Europe they are being snatched up by importers and sent this way. There aren't a whole lot of accessories out there for it...I've only found one maker of grips (in Hungary of all places), and one maker of holsters (also somewhere in Europe). Mags I have seen run between 25-30 bucks, and I've only seen a couple for sale locally, and they were usually higher than 25-30. As long as you're willing to look online for your parts/accessories and willing to wait a little while for them to be shipped...then there are plenty of parts and accessories available. As far as everyday carry is concerned...as soon as I get my HCP I plan on using mine as my everyday carry...I already put it IWB and walk around my house to get used to it...it's a little heavy, but not bad.

Guest Boogieman

Thats great news! I was worried that parts and the like would be unavailable or really hard to get. I too have yet to get my HCP and was looking for something that would serve the dual purpose of a range/Carry gun and this seems to be the one I have been looking for. As I said its within my budget so with what I'm saving on my gun I'll have the money to go ahead and get my HCP sooner rather than later. :D

Guest Broomhead

I currently carry mine in a modified Uncle Mike's #5 OWB holster; had to chop the extra length off the holster. I love it. I like the extra weight, it lets me know it's there.

PM me if you can't find one at the gun show, I may be able to help.

Guest Drewsett

I carry mine at home in a leather IWB with thumb break for carrying cocked and locked made by Falco holsters. It is made and specifically molded for the CZ82. I will carry it outside my home once I get my HCP...just gotta find time to take my class heh :D Working weekends sucks.

Guest Fltargetmaster

Couple of observations. 1.Before doing anything commercially with these, I thought it was a good idea to try the 82. All I can say is WOW!! Had to move the sights a bit but now at 15 yards mine is right on, reliable and aside from the butt-ugly importer engraving, nice looking. I have begun to carry mine on a semi regular basis. I like the caliber ( always have) 2. As far as holsters go, there aren't that many. Seems that there isn't a metal blank made around which the leather can be formed, so it's difficult to get a custom made holster. I have been informed that PWL ( one of the premier leather/holster companies out of GB) does have a holster made for the 82. I am trying to get more info on the type etc.

All things considered, the CZ82 is a more than acceptable carry piece with a superb record of reliablity and accuracy. IMHO a whole lot more of a pistol than my Stasi Mak for a whole lot less moolah. And just as an aside comment, the 82 seems to fit my hand better than just about any handgun I have fired and with a "right to point of aim".

Guest no_masters

I'd really like to get one of these but they are sold out. Anyone know about how often aim restocks these? Or would I be better off trying to find one at a show or local shop?

Guest Broomhead

J&G does have them but they only have one mag, no holster, no lanyard and no cleaning tool. Most of that you will get plus a spare mag from AIM or even SOG, who should have them but you have to have a C&R or FFL to view their listings.

I will send them my C&R tomorrow and see if they have any by next week.

Guest Drewsett

Well I got out to the range after installing a new recoil spring. After I finished my first magazine I noticed the web of my hand wasn't as irritated from the force of the recoil as before and when I looked down at my feet all 12 pieces of brass were within a 3 foot circle of one another as opposed to having been thrown 6 feet or more before.

I only tried out the 16# spring, the 14# is the standard and the spring kit I got from Wolff came with an 18# spring as well.

The gun had no issues cycling whatsoever, I was slightly worried about this, but no FTF or FTE at all with the stronger spring. Hopefully no issues with the 18# either, I'll post when I give that one a try.

Considering you get three recoil springs in different strengths and three new firing pin springs and it's only a little over 22$ shipped...I reccomend that ANYONE who has a CZ82 should pick one of these "calibration" kits from Wolff.

Guest Broomhead

Thank you for that observation Drewsett. I will definitely be picking one of these up in the near future. Would you be so kind as to post a link to their website?

Guest Drewsett
Thank you for that observation Drewsett. I will definitely be picking one of these up in the near future. Would you be so kind as to post a link to their website?

Springs for CZ 82 & 83 Semi-Auto Pistols

That's a link directly to the page where they have the CZ82/83 springs. Wolff makes all kinds of springs for all kinds of guns though so you might want to bookmark the index page instead.

http://www.gunsprings.com/

Guest Drewsett
CZ vz 82

Vz.82

There are no known probs. with the CZ-82, except going beyond a basic Field-Strip can be somewhat problematic, if you dont know how to do it!

http://myweb.cableone.net/leolani/cz...sassembly.html

The top two links are new to me and were both interesting reads and have already been added to my bookmarks.

The bottom one is the guide that I used to put my gun back together after my detail strip of the gun became "problematic" because I didn't know how to do it! :rolleyes:

Thanks for posting these!