M40A1 Clone Done for Now

MikeW

I Thought that I would share a project that I have been working on. I am working on a M40 Clone too but I still need one part for the M40... so for now... here is the M40A1 clone.

I may never to be able to find the "correct" scope (Unetrl 10x) so for now this project is done. I may put a S&B, Nightfore, or USO scope on it if I cannot get the MST-100. For now it will wear a Weaver 10x Mildot.

Specs:

Stock- McMillan 100% original "early smear" stock with matching number

bottom metal.

Stock was bedded to the action by Ronnie Morris (Match Service Works). Mr. Morris also reparked the bottom metal for me.

Correct MRT 1986 USGI sling.

Action- Correct six digit (221,xxx)Rem 700 action, clip slotted by

G.A.Precision.

Trued and chambered

Correct stamps: RTE-P (Rifle Team Equipment-Proofed), US Stamped

above serial number, bolt and recoil lug numbered.

Barrel is the correct length but it is a Rock 5R threaded 5/8 X 24 but still

has a thread protector with USMC crown. I had the smith put a

Badger Thruster Tactical Compensator on it for now.

He does build "other options" .

Untitled Page

For now it has a Badger Ordnance 20MOA mount with "issued

item" Badger M40A3 rings. I have the correct Unetrl mount and rings on

the way and will add them if/when I find the correct scope.

A few pics. I hope to range test it this weeknd if possible.

4207094651_e8cff5d878_b.jpg

4207850806_fe9be3df38_b.jpg

4207852172_e86ce6ffbe_b.jpg

4207089143_cfe8609867_b.jpg

With the Brake on

4207853218_7c7d1ce02a_b.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
Thats great! Cant wait to see it all together. Where did you come across it?

Thanks

I placed a WTB buy ad on Snipershide and a guy PM'd me that had the scope and the USO mount. We worked out a price and per the UPS tracking info the scope should be here today.

Thanks

I placed a WTB buy ad on Snipershide and a guy PM'd me that had the scope and the USO mount. We worked out a price and per the UPS tracking info the scope should be here today.

Thats awesome you found one. Now you have a piece of history that you can shoot.

BTW, is that a Schneider bbl?

Not a Schneider... I did call them and they do have a spec "USMC contract" barrel for $300. I may get it incase I ever shoot this one out. It has a 5R Rock barrel in it for now. 180 rounds down the pipe so far. If you are on the hide 737Shark built this rifle...he is a vendor on there. Untitled Page

This thread is awesome. Great looking gun and optics.