Cost of 4 year College in TN?

Guest stovepipe

Guest stovepipe

Thanks for all the great replys!

Looks like an average 4 years degree currently costs between $80 and $120,000+ ($20 - $30,000+ / yr) to attend a public College / Univ in Tn... Including books, meals, transportation, Misc Expenses, housing. Excluding scholarships, or deducts for meals and housing if local. Probably need to figure another $20,000 for tuition increases over the next 4 years... Yeow! - Does that sound right?

I like the Assoc degree idea, assuming the credits will transfer.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like an average 4 years degree currently costs between $80 and $120,000+ ($20 - $30,000+ / yr) to attend a public College / Univ in Tn... Including books, meals, transportation, Misc Expenses, housing. Excluding scholarships, or deducts for meals and housing if local. Probably need to figure another $20,000 for tuition increases over the next 4 years... Yeow! - Does that sound right?

If not easy to find on their website, each college financial aid office you contact should be able to give you their latest "estimated total cost of attendance." They must file that paperwork every year just like students must file a FAFSA to get aid and scholarships. The ETC will include everything from tuition to room and board to toothpaste and the occasional pizza. Good luck with whatever you decide! :lol:

Guest stovepipe

Thanks, Falcon1

Other than the UTK site fUTure funding: Tuition & Costs

It's hard to find anything beyond tuition costs on line, but I suppose the books / meals / lodging / pizza will be fairly consistent where ever.

Just trying to crunching some numbers while I have the time off...Looks like all the Admission offices are closed for the holidays.

Edited by stovepipe

I went to Pellissippi state for my 1st two years. I went throught the UT catalog and matched up course for course what would transfer from Pellissippi to UTs engineering school. I didn't get the AS because there were three classes that Pellissippi required that wouldn't transfer. It's the way to go because the cost is less but the education is equivalent and you'll end up graduating with less debt.

I'm going to Walters State in the fall. Pretty cheap as far as schools go but still expensive as hell. Thank god for GI Bill.

my daughter was enrolled there last semester but came to her senses in time and moved home. It seemed to be a pretty nice place though. Enjoy.!