American Classic II range report (finally!)

Guest Arko

Ok, here's the range report for my Christmas Present from my wife, an American Classic II entry level priced .45

Prior to today I have taken it out twice, and just shot very casually between sets with a couple new shooters we took out. I couldn't really concentrate then, so it was more a reliability check than a serious scrutiny. Reliability was 100% x 200 rounds or Speer, Fiocchi and Blazer. It SEEMED to be shooting low and left, but keeping an adequate group, but I figured that was due to me not being used to the SA 1911 trigger. (this is my first 1911)

Today I went to the range alone to work on trigger control with the new gun, and to see what accuracy I can achieve. I'm WAY impressed. I'm still a bit left, but I still think that's me, not the gun. I also still have had no failures in about 400 rounds now.:rolleyes:

Here's the performance at 15 yards, freehand, one magazine head, one mag center mass:

15yard.th.jpg

25yard.jpg

And 25 yards, two mags each area:

http://

URL%5D25yard.th.jpg

And the gun:

1005342.th.jpg

URL%5D

url%5D

URL%5D

Edited by Arko
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks!

The slight pull only bothers me because I'm used to putting 9mm and 38 pretty much where I want it!

I'm certain I'll get smoother with the trigger and clean it up. The gun seems to be capable of way more accuracy than I can give right now.

Guest Oaklands

I took my AC II to the range for the 2nd time and had similar results. I am sure it is me getting used to the trigger. I played around at the house with a dry firing and noticed I was pushing the pistol to the left. I put more finger on it and it seemed to straighten out. I am naturally a first knuckle shooter but have been working on just using the meat of my finger.

My Kimber Pro Carry II came in at the range the same day and I was firing it the same way. With it I was getting some double taps due to the ultra light and smooth trigger. I'll post my range pics shortly

I will say one thing for sure, the AC II Deluxe is worth more than you have to pay and is a dang nice 1911. You can't find one bad review on the Internet.

Thanks for the report, Ive been looking at one of these for myself.

I can highly recommend it. Fit and performance are great.The Para GI was the only other entry level 1911 I looked at that was comparable, and at a higher price, I made the right decision for me.

Great shooting. I had similar problems when I got my 1911. It was my trigger pull. 500 rounds later I was fine. Good looking gun too.

Yeah, I'm pretty confident I just haven't got the 1911 trigger down completely yet. It shott POA when I shot supported on the bench.

I took my AC II to the range for the 2nd time and had similar results. I am sure it is me getting used to the trigger. I played around at the house with a dry firing and noticed I was pushing the pistol to the left. I put more finger on it and it seemed to straighten out. I am naturally a first knuckle shooter but have been working on just using the meat of my finger.

My Kimber Pro Carry II came in at the range the same day and I was firing it the same way. With it I was getting some double taps due to the ultra light and smooth trigger. I'll post my range pics shortly

I will say one thing for sure, the AC II Deluxe is worth more than you have to pay and is a dang nice 1911. You can't find one bad review on the Internet.

I'm the same way. All of my other guns have been/are DA or DA/SA, so the hook worked better for me than the pad. If I had more money in the ammo fund, I'd have stayed till I got my finger straightened out!

Good to know you had a similar experience.