East Tn TGO Members DECEMBER 2007 Meet

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Boomhower

Well guys, it looks like we're going to be getting a little wet this weekend.....Saw on the news that they're giving a 20% and I know that's not much, but I was shooting this past weekend in 20% chance weather and got wet. Better prepare accordingly.

Guest Scottech
Well guys, it looks like we're going to be getting a little wet this weekend.....Saw on the news that they're giving a 20% and I know that's not much, but I was shooting this past weekend in 20% chance weather and got wet. Better prepare accordingly.

The chance is NOW up to %60 for this Saturday according to the little troll weather guesser on WATE!

Guest Phantom6
So Mike, what are all the events that you have in mind for this month?

In the spirit of that Mel Brooks classic, Blazing Saddles , we'd like to extend to all of you this "laurel and hardy" ...er...hearty welcome to the TGO (East) December Christmas Classic.

What's on tap asks Mr. Boomhower. Let's see, let's see thinks the jolly ol' fat man in the red fur trimmed hat.

• Well, the last time we hosted the Feds I managed to "liberate" some more of the Immigration & Customs Enforcement targets to we set for the ICE qualification at 1130. The high scorer in that event will receive something......... Mexican.
  • The clay thrower is oiled and ready to fling targets. Best of 10 receives the soon to be coveted Big Shot award which may be displayed upon their desk at work or at home until the event is held again two months later at which time it is passed to the winner at that time.
  • the pistol/steel range will be wide open
  • the inaugural Boomhower "Bust My Balls" Shoot (so named because our very own Mr. Boomhower has volunteered to bring the golf balls) will take place on the main range at 1500. This is a pistol event in which the first one to successfully shoot their (golf) balls beyond the 50 yd marker whilest keeping it within the range boundries wins the "I'm a Champion Ball Buster" award certificate...... suitable for framing of course.
  • I have placed a new gas cylinder in the gas grill so bring what ever you wish to cook and consume. We will have a campfire and for those of you who wish to participate, the Blazing Saddles camp fire scene re-enactment will take place at an unspecified time after lunch- no winner will be announced.

Bring guns. Bring ammo. Bring a competitave spirit. Join us for a December to remember.

Guest Scottech
In the spirit of that Mel Brooks classic, Blazing Saddles , we'd like to extend to all of you this "laurel and hardy" ...er...hearty welcome to the TGO (East) December Christmas Classic.

What's on tap asks Mr. Boomhower. Let's see, let's see thinks the jolly ol' fat man in the red fur trimmed hat.

• Well, the last time we hosted the Feds I managed to "liberate" some more of the Immigration & Customs Enforcement targets to we set for the ICE qualification at 1130. The high scorer in that event will receive something......... Mexican.
  • The clay thrower is oiled and ready to fling targets. Best of 25 receives the soon to be coveted Big Shot award which may be displayed upon their desk at work or at home until the event is held again two months later at which time it is passed to the winner at that time.
  • the pistol/steel range will be wide open
  • the inaugural Boomhower "Bust My Balls" Shoot (so named because our very own Mr. Boomhower has volunteered to bring the golf balls) will take place on the main range at 1500. This is a pistol event in which the first one to successfully shoot their (golf) balls beyond the 50 yd marker whilest keeping it within the range boundries wins the "I'm a Champion Ball Buster" award certificate...... suitable for framing of course.
  • I have placed a new gas cylinder in the gas grill so bring what ever you wish to cook and consume. We will have a campfire and for those of you who wish to participate, the Blazing Saddles camp fire scene re-enactment will take place at an unspecified time after lunch- no winner will be announced.

Bring guns. Bring ammo. Bring a competitave spirit. Join us for a December to remember.

How about some more beans, Mr Phantom6?

Guest Boomhower

Uh o. I may really get my balls busted for this one........I just got off my 1st and 2nd shifts and am fixing to start my 3rd shift. The Dr. put my loving wife on strict bed rest for the next 4 weeks, so she is not moving off the couch or bed. I am still hoping to be able to make it out this month, but I probably won't be able to stay as long as I would like even if I can. I can still run the golf balls over to Mike.357 before Sat., worse comes to worse.

Mike.357, I will let you know as soon as I can if I will be able to ride with you or not. I may have to drive seperate if I need to be back home at an earlier time. If you don't get a PM from me within the next day or so, I will be calling your cell to ensure we get in touch.

Boom, not to worry about the shooting thing. However that works out will be fine.

Take care of the Mrs. first.

As for golfballs I have a crapload of them I have no use for and I can take a bunch of them to save you a trip over here.

Lemme know what you want to do.

Guest Boomhower

Thanks guys. Yeah, everythings fine as of the moment. We've got 7 weeks to go, and the doc. just wants to keep it that way. All precautionary.

Dave....yeah, I might as well go ahead and cancel with ya. I'll have to stay around the house and mend the fences.

Mike....That's fine. Everybody can shot your balls :rolleyes:....Sorry, had to....seriously though, it doesn't really matter. If I get to come, I'll plan on bringing a bunch, and you can do the same.

I think my wife's parents will be coming up this weekend, so if that happens, I will more than likely be there....and not because of her parents.:D

Guest Phantom6

Bummer Boom! Hope the wife and baby are OK. I went through that with my first wife and everything turned out OK. I'm sure that it will with y'all as well. We'll keep you in the prayers. Maybe you can make it out for a little while.

Boomhower wrote: ...my wife's parents will be coming up this weekend, so if that happens, I will more than likely be there....and not because of her parents.

Mother-in-law's got a computer huh!? :D

Hey Mike, put your old balls in a sack and drag 'em on over and we'll blast 'em. :rolleyes:

Guest Phantom6

According to the news tonight the chances have gone up to 90% with temps in the mid 50's.:up:

From the weatherchanel.com:

Saturday: A few showers in the morning becoming steady in the afternoon. High 56F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 90%.

:eek::(

Guest Boomhower

Yep, 90% is all that I can find as well, and as much as I hate to say it, I think I'm gonna sit this one out. No sense in driving an hour away from my bed stricken wife when I can watch it rain here......Plus we got some news today that wasn't exactly what we wanted and will mean that we have to be even more cautious in the next few weeks.....If we can hold out that long. If you guys are able to get together, I hope it turns out good for un's.

Remember, the rifle portion is covered. You can always use an umbrella to walk out and change the targets.:up:

Guest Phantom6
......Plus we got some news today that wasn't exactly what we wanted and will mean that we have to be even more cautious in the next few weeks.....If we can hold out that long.

Y'all are in our thoughts and prayers Boom.