Gun cabinets help?

Getting ready to move and will be needing a cheap, yet secure place to store me toys.

Was looking at this one and thought it might be big enough, but it fits my price range.

Will be just under 200, delivered.

Gonna be moving to a more rural area with low crime, plus my new house is within viewing distance of my fathers house(:rofl:) so it's not like I need 230846 hours of break-in protection from the thing. Just something to secure them.

Thoughts on this cabinet or others of interest?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Definately look at them in person and pay attention to the depth. I would bet that 2 of my scoped rifles wouldn't fit in there. Something is better than nothing, and in alot of cases thieves are just looking to steal whatever they can grab quickly, and wouldn't take the time to tackle prying that open unless they knew for sure there wouldn't be anyone around for a while.

I've personally looked at things like this, and have decided to just save up for a good fireproof safe. Right now there are eyes on my house pretty much 24/7 so I'm not really too worried about theft. Fire protection though is something that I worry about every single day here lately because my dad has started handing down some of the family guns which for sentimental reasons can't be replaced at any cost.

My father in-law converted some super heavy duty storage cabinets he recieved from a place that he used to work that were going to throw them out. I don't know if you know anyone who works in some type of warehouse where they might have something like this.

Where is this from? I really like it.

It was on the same Sam's Club page and caught my eye as well.

Sam's Club - Curio w/ Concealed Sliding 8-Gun Cabinet

To me it would seem that it would be a safer approach than the cabinet the OP posted, because in alot of cases the thief wouldn't even notice it was there as opposed to seeing a locked cabinet that you know for sure something of value is in. Again, from looking at that one too depth would also be an issue for me on some of my scoped rifles. Would be great for my unscoped rifles and shotguns though.