Sight help for Ruger LCP

medipedicman

I noticed some fiber optics sights out there that would make sighting much better when aiming in the dark or even at a dark colored objects.

Priced around $130 and then was recommened the laser grip for even more $.

I hate to spend that on a $300 gun. Are there cost effective alternatives out there or do you have any homemade solutions??

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Night sights (tritium) will help in the dark, but not not in daylight against dark backgrounds. IMO, lasers beat night sights hands down. A laser won't necessarily help in daylight against dark backgrounds. Fiber optics only work in daylight - you won't see them in a dark room.

I have laser grips on my snubbie, and the front sight is painted to help me find it when the laser can't be seen.

Night sights and lasers are cost-effective since they may save your life.

IMHO, doing that will defeat the purpose of the LCP. It's designed as a snag free pocket gun, and the sights are rounded and low profile for that reason.

The LCP is also not a target gun. When I had one, I was content to hit center mass up to 20m away with some front post shooting.

If you really really really want to do SOMETHING, you can paint the front post orange or white or whatever suits your fancy. I hate doing that, but some people like it. There are also little glow in the dark stickers you can buy that will go on your front and rear sights like regular 3-dot sights.

LCPs do not have sights. They are part of the slide, which means you can't replace them with night\FO sights.

IThere are also little glow in the dark stickers you can buy that will go on your front and rear sights like regular 3-dot sights.

Nitesiters suck.

You'll do better off with a bottle of glow in the dark paint from a crafts store for 99 cents.

I agree with "I Like Pie". If you get into a down and dirty life or death situation it will be at close range and you will just be pointing and shooting at center mass.

Guest speedlifted

that is funny.... just bought an LCP thurs night and am very pleased with aimed accuracy... but in the heat of the moment I can only hope that a couple of the 7 find there way to center mass! its not like I would have the time to aim, I can only practice pulling from a concealed location and firing in a panic at a silhouette and hoping I never have to check the results in real life.

Thanks for the input guys. I discovered the wisdom of your words yesterday at the range. At 25 feet I hit a 12" plate 1 out of 12 rds :death:

I think anything outside of 15 feet I would be better off to just keep it in my pocket.

Keep on practicing, and when you can hit the plate 12/12, try the same thing in the dark.

LCPs do not have sights. They are part of the slide, which means you can't replace them with night\FO sights. . . .

That's what milling machines are for. If you can mount AO Big Dot sights on an NAA Guardian (and you can), you should be able to mount them on an LCP.

gd2.jpg

Edited by enfield