Cell Phone Question...Glocking???/

Guest db99wj

Or anyone that knows!

If I buy a Palm Treo type phone, will the simm card work from my Motorola V550?

How does that work, I have always upgraded at the cell phone store and they do all that.:D:confused::rant::confused::rofl:

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GlocKingTN

I havent heard that. But not saying it isn't so. I know it was just a matter of time before they tried to stop the sales of phones, especially older ones.

Whats the deal with the old phones not working after the first of the year?

The deal is simply the Cell company (s) have got the FCC to allow them to stop providing Analog service as of Feb 18, 2008. After that date they no long have to repair their old towers that broadcast the analog signal. If you have any old "tri mode" phones, or anything like that might as well use them for target pratice cause they are dead as of that date. I have all kinds of customers that have a cell backup on their alarm system and now they have to buy another unit. If you think $100.00 is bad to replace your cell phone the cell backups run around $450.00 :). I know of a bunch of people thaty are pissed at the cell companies for this crap.

The old installed phones (in your car) are junk also since they (if you still have one) are analog also.

The deal is simply the Cell company (s) have got the FCC to allow them to stop providing Analog service as of Feb 18, 2008. After that date they no long have to repair their old towers that broadcast the analog signal. If you have any old "tri mode" phones, or anything like that might as well use them for target pratice cause they are dead as of that date. I have all kinds of customers that have a cell backup on their alarm system and now they have to buy another unit. If you think $100.00 is bad to replace your cell phone the cell backups run around $450.00 :surrender:. I know of a bunch of people thaty are pissed at the cell companies for this crap.

The old installed phones (in your car) are junk also since they (if you still have one) are analog also.

actually, here's the deal on that..the "reason why"

analog equipment in the shelters usually costs more to maintain as well as more to operate.

guys.. before you get mad at the cell carriers..think about this.

we're 30 years behind europe when it comes to cell technology. not too long ago, we'd get handmedowns from europe and install it here.

we'd sell OUR old equipment to 3rd world countries like africa (I passed on an opportunity to go teach some africans how to climb towers).

we're now installing UMTS (universal mobile telephone service) which is ON PAR with the european cell system. (that means if you go to europe, your cellphone will work there.)

also, today with all the demands for video, music and the demands of bandwidth that cell customers expect these days (that palm pilot? yep..LOTS more bandwidth than a regular analog cellphone),

the carriers are having to upgrade the radios, antennas, and install new equipment.

also since 9/11 there are new federal laws that mandate that every cellphone will have gps software/hardware installed. that means more equipment in the shelters at the base of the towers. (it uses triangulation between cell towers..not the satellites).

besides..you guys keep me workin :)

try not to holler about it too much or I'll give you a tin can and a string!!:shake::)

actually, here's the deal on that..the "reason why"

analog equipment in the shelters usually costs more to maintain as well as more to operate.

guys.. before you get mad at the cell carriers..think about this.

we're 30 years behind europe when it comes to cell technology. not too long ago, we'd get handmedowns from europe and install it here.

we'd sell OUR old equipment to 3rd world countries like africa (I passed on an opportunity to go teach some africans how to climb towers).

we're now installing UMTS (universal mobile telephone service) which is ON PAR with the european cell system. (that means if you go to europe, your cellphone will work there.)

also, today with all the demands for video, music and the demands of bandwidth that cell customers expect these days (that palm pilot? yep..LOTS more bandwidth than a regular analog cellphone),

the carriers are having to upgrade the radios, antennas, and install new equipment.

also since 9/11 there are new federal laws that mandate that every cellphone will have gps software/hardware installed. that means more equipment in the shelters at the base of the towers. (it uses triangulation between cell towers..not the satellites).

besides..you guys keep me workin :)

try not to holler about it too much or I'll give you a tin can and a string!!:surrender::shake:

Know it all! :):D:p