TBI failed us all and WE pay their salaries

Guest GunRunnersUSA

Was wondering if U had went? Any chance of some of U TGO Strutters coming down Chatt Town next Month?

U all could do the Chatt. Town Strut!:usa:

Chattanooga, TNNational Guard Armory, 1801 Holtzclaw Ave 250 Tables - $61.00

FEB 27 & 28

PS! Suprisingly "Mr.TaterHead" didnt make Knox. either? However he still dont believe TICS was down, seems a buddy of his is a FFL (C&R ?) who told Him the TICS wasnt down at Knox Show!

I tried to tell him different but he does not believe TICS was down!:screwy:

I'm thinking this show is at The Alhambra Shiner's temple or whatever its called and Mr. taterhead can say what he wants they were closed.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GunRunnersUSA

Thanks for all your imput. I have sent Mr. Woodley an email and hopefully next snow we can use "call forward" straight to FBI/NICS then everyone will be happy.

Never turn your hobby into your job...or it's not your hobby anymore...lol...JP

I for one wouldn't like to pay an extra $10 per year for my permit for the state to run a check. I don't buy a gun a year so it wouldn't benefit me in any way.

Should the FBI do the check - Why not?

Should the TBI have systems in place to forward the call if their offices are closed?

Probably.

Should you pony up the money and get the Internet Check as a backup in case the phones are down? - Absolutely.

Also I don't believe making the internet check way mandatory through the state would work either Sportsman's Supply in Hixson, TN calls all his in over the phone and doesn't have a computer or a modern day credit card machine he still has the old carbon copy credit card swiper. He is a little behind the times you might say.

Guest TnRebel
Exactly my point. If TBI would do your background once a year on your permit instead of once every 4 years this would satisfy ATF/Brady and no call would be required from my understanding.

I'm sure most permit holders would rather pay a once a year $10.00 background for their permit than $10.00 every time they buy a firearm.

That being said I have had TWO permit holders denied the purchase of a firearm...so no system is perfect.

Thats bull paying $10 every time , Dauuumn if Florida can get it right any state could , in Florida the CWP is good for seven years and once you have it in hand , you walk in pick the handgun you want , pay the man and walk out the door.As many times as you like .

Edited by TnRebel
to add to post

I don't see any purpose in paying $10.00 a year for a background check. I think the state and federal government ought to stay out of our lives unless we are criminals.

Giving the state access to our privacy, routinely, is another way to keep an eye on us.

It's none of their business to snoop on me unless I break a law. The idea of reporting

a gun purchase alone is an invasion of privacy. Does it make us better citizens when they know this? Making the dealers keep a record of the transaction, which is already

required, should be good enough. If the state's system is broke, that shouldn't cause a dealer or buyer of a weapon to be penalized. The criminal is the problem, not the law abiding citizen. Wait until the state requires TICS/NICS on private transactions

and then get mad about it. If it is a criminal background check, prove I'm a criminal

before you make me pay for Tenncare with a tax like that. I paid enough for the first one(HCP). It's a restraint of trade to any business that sells firearms. It's a tax on the installment plan already. Doesn't Alaska charge nothing for the same thing?

I agree with what your saying but

SHALL NOT BE INFRIGED doesn't apply to garbage....or at least I never read it anywhere in the 2nd amendment...that our founding fathers thought so important it was #2...

It is a RIGHT, a Birth Right guaranteed by OUR constitution.

The point of the post was the state MANDATED we go thru Nashville for $10.00 a call, FBI will do the background for FREE...and no one was there to pick up the phone.

I wonder if the FBI closed because of snow???:P

Im sure the fbi field offices probably did.

I agree with what your saying but

SHALL NOT BE INFRIGED doesn't apply to garbage....or at least I never read it anywhere in the 2nd amendment...that our founding fathers thought so important it was #2...

It is a RIGHT, a Birth Right guaranteed by OUR constitution.

The point of the post was the state MANDATED we go thru Nashville for $10.00 a call, FBI will do the background for FREE...and no one was there to pick up the phone.

I wonder if the FBI closed because of snow???:P

Im sure the fbi field offices probably did. After all all the accountants they hire dont want to get dirty anyways.