Emailed my reps, senators, etc.

Sent out three emails today. One to chairman of the TN Democratic party Chip Forrester, one to Chris Devaney, the chairman of the Republican Party in TN, and to all TN state senators and Reps. I am getting read receipts back. I wonder how many are actually reading them? LOL.

This is the one I sent to the Senators and Representatives.

According to the Knoxville News Sentinel from Friday, February 5, 2010, Senate Majority Leader Mark Norris said "The weakened economy means lawmakers must be vigilant to make sure that tax payer dollars are spent in the most efficient and effective manner". I recommend a unique approach the Tennessee Legislature should try which is being vigilant with my money all the time, not just in a weakend economy.

This is the one I sent to the chairmen of TN Democratic and Republican Party.

Chairmen,

The Tennessee Democratic Party and the Tennessee Republican Party have in the past endorsed honest and worthy candidates for elected office. Both parties have also supported candidates not worthy of any respect or holding any office. I believe you will agree with this. I appeal to you, Mr Forrester and Mr. Devaney, to ensure starting now you pledge your respective party will take all actions necessary to support ONLY honest, moral and non self-serving people to hold elected office. Also, I request both of you submit to me in a timely manner (in words I can understand) how you intend to do this. This is a serious matter and must not be taken lightly. Both parties have to take responsibility and be accountable for those you support. God bless America and Tennessee!

I seriously doubt I will get anything accomplished but I wanted to be heard.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jackdm3

I sent one to McCain regarding Vietnam benefits for my 74-year-old FIL. Doubt I'll hear from him even though the topic is a bit more personal and specific to his experiences.

Good job Alpha7. I too send out emails and make calls to offices. Many here and on other forums feel that it is a waste of time. It may be but I also feel that it is our responsibility to contact them with our thoughts and opinions on matters that are important to us.

Personally, I believe that is how our elected officials have gotten so out of control. We have not kept them honest. They have felt for years that we are not watching so they have done as they pleased. That has to change. I try to do my part. Thanks for doing yours and keep it up!

Good job Alpha7. I too send out emails and make calls to offices. Many here and on other forums feel that it is a waste of time. It may be but I also feel that it is our responsibility to contact them with our thoughts and opinions on matters that are important to us.

Personally, I believe that is how our elected officials have gotten so out of control. We have not kept them honest. They have felt for years that we are not watching so they have done as they pleased. That has to change. I try to do my part. Thanks for doing yours and keep it up!

Well, think about this. Many people have given up on politics because it's not state govs that are most involved in our lives...it's the federal gov! Do you feel, without the help of a huge org, that you can have a voice in washington? I sure don't and that's EXACTLY what the founding fathers didn't want either. Consider the fact that in their day it would take a long journey to even GET to washington, so they didn't want to be ruled by someone thousands of miles away. All they wanted the fed gov to do was protect each state from the other states, and all the states from other countries. Add in the post office and the census and that's all they were supposed to do! You should have to go to Nashville for 99% of the gov that SHOULD be affecting our lives instead of the 99.9% of Washington that's affecting our lives!

Matthew