The DiamondBack DB380

lowbud

Just got off the phone with DB support again. They really sounded dumbfounded. The guy couldn't believe it broke again. He said they would replace the gun on this trip.

So I guess late this week or early next I will have a new one. If there's any issues with the new gun it's off to gunbroker it goes.

I'll keep ya'll posted.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 rounds magtech guardian gold 85gr +P JHP - flawless

19 Rounds Winchester white box 95gr FMJ - 1 failure to extract

19 rounds magtech 95gr FMC - flawless

5 rounds Speer Gold Dot 90gr JHP - bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, then nothing. can't fire it nor take it down.

62 rounds fired before breaking again. same issue as the last time. I expect the seer is broken again.

Somehow I don't think i will ever carry this gun. I'm going to push for a replacement or maybe even a refund. I'm loosing confidence quickly.

3rd time a charm? guess we'll find out...... altho maybe a striker fired pistol of this size is not going to work out.

You're limpwristing;)

I'm with you on this. The sear broke twice after relatively few rounds down the pipe? Definitely not carry worthy. They've lost the benefit of the doubt, and I would need to see some sort of proof that they do have a sear that will function for a reasonable amount of time before I thought of using it for anything but the range.

You're limpwristing;)

I actually was on the second mag for each brand of ammo. didn't matter. fired just fine until it went kaput. only 1 FTE in 62 rounds and that was on the WWB ammo. so I wouldn't even call that a failure..

I actually was on the second mag for each brand of ammo. didn't matter. fired just fine until it went kaput. only 1 FTE in 62 rounds and that was on the WWB ammo. so I wouldn't even call that a failure..

That's impressive. I was just joshing, of course. No way limpwristing can break a sear. People always say that whenever somebody has a problem with small pistols, though.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to post an update on this. I did get a replacement gun and had an issue totally different then before. The guys at DB were dumbfounded and issued me a refund for all costs involved.

Even tho I couldn't get a reliable weapon, I still had a good experience and will try them again at some point down the road. Their service is top notch and I really like their design. just a shame I couldn't get a reliable gun out of it.

Oh well.. I'll try again when the next gen comes out if they are around long enough. only time will tell.

Just wanted to post an update on this. I did get a replacement gun and had an issue totally different then before. The guys at DB were dumbfounded and issued me a refund for all costs involved.

Even tho I couldn't get a reliable weapon, I still had a good experience and will try them again at some point down the road. Their service is top notch and I really like their design. just a shame I couldn't get a reliable gun out of it.

Oh well.. I'll try again when the next gen comes out if they are around long enough. only time will tell.

Sounds like they did the right thing in the end. It is a shame though that they couldn't deliver a working product.

• 1 month later...
Guest scrod008

I bought one of these with high hopes for it as a pocket gun, but unfortunately it was a bust so to speak. The trigger bar broke the first time on about round 260, sent it back to the factory and they fixed it. When I got the gun back I take it to the range and on about round 210 guess what, trigger bar broke again. :wall: I called Diamondback and told them I either wanted a refund or a new replacement. I sent it back and they rebuilt the entire gun and sent it back.

I never even took it out of the case to fire it when i received it back but instead went straight to my favorite fun store and immediately traded it in on another 1911.:rock:

I liked how the gun shot and was great for the front pocket but after breaking twice I would never trusted it.

I was thinking about getting one of those because I like the look, but I think I will wait to here something good about it first.

Well, some guy named Mike Detty in the current issue of some Weapons for Law Enforcement mag has given it a rave review this month... :rock: