Glock 19

Guest David865

Guest David865

I'm wanting to buy a glock 19 and wandering if I should go ahead and get one or wait for the gen 4 to come out. What do you guys think about the next gen glocks.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Baddawg865

I would just stick with a Gen 3 for the G19. I was wondering the same thing, but its a 9. And the jury is still out on the new grips. Not sure i like them that much.

Truth is, you should go to your local shop and pick up a gen3 G19 or handle what ever model they have in stock. Grip it, cock it, pull the trigger on it. Possibly haggle over the price for a minute if that suits your fancy. Then if you like the feel of the stock gen3 19, then might as well pick one up. If the grip, fit and feel is off, then you might want to consider the gen 4. Of course if the shop only has the gen4 in stock, you'll more than likely just get that as one of the grips provided will fit/feel better pending your hand size. :P

Moral of the story is...........

GO TO YOUR LOCAL GUN SHOP OF CHOICE AND PLAY!!! :D

Oh...and try not to act like a little girl walking into a Barbie shop....:P

I'm wanting to buy a glock 19 and wandering if I should go ahead and get one or wait for the gen 4 to come out. What do you guys think about the next gen glocks.

I agree with the earlier posting that it depends on whether the 3rd Gen fits your hand. I'm still pretty new to this and I've bought both a 19 and the 26 in the last 6 months so I've already become a Glock fan. I'm verry interested in the 4th Generation but I've decided that all the 3rd Generation guns fit me well but only in 9mm. If I eventually get a G17 it will probably be 4th Gen just because I don't think the 3rd Gens will be marked down in price substantially enough and that will likely be what's available when I get around to buying one. Personally, I think the real benefit to 4th Generation will be when they release a 21 and a 30. The current models of those guns are just too big for me.

The "whatever feels good in your hand" suggestion is valid, that said, we don't call them Blocks for nothing... I'm a huge Glock advocate and I don't even really think they feel that great in the hand, especially to a guy new to them... Except, after delivering thousands of trouble-free rounds downrange they become pretty darn comfortable I'd say.

Rent one, shoot one, if your groups end up a little left at first it's normal 'till you learn their triggers, then decide if they feel good in the hand after some rounds.

Be sure to hold a G19 and a G17 (huge difference in feel despite only a 1/2" difference in size, more than you'd think).

Gen4's feel better at first but they may also not be any better then the proven 3rd gens and have issues that haven't been figured out yet as a trade off... in fact for some, the smaller size with no backstrap may even not be good for where their trigger finger lands without even noticing it, so I say if a Gen3 fits that's the one to get.

Edited by CK1

I think you'll be thrilled with whichever choice you make. I'm still shooting a 2nd generation Glock 19 that I bought about a million years ago. I've got newer handguns, including a 3rd generation Glock 21 sf, but the 19 is what I always seem to carry. The new interchangable grips don't hold much interest for me since it seems Gaston Glock made the older 19s just perfect to fit my hands.

TK47

Guest Brian@GunDepot

There is not much difference between the gen3 and gen 4.... about 1/8th inch less in grip circumference from my measurements. It also comes with 2 more straps making it the same as a gen 3 and 1/8 larger.

Given the grip is much rougher on the gen 4, you maybe happier with the gen 3 after all. My .02 cents anyway.

Guest David865

Thanks guys, I have held the g 19 and shot the g 23 several times. I played around with the 4th gen g22 at the local range and didn't like the new grip as well as the 3rd gen guns. I just didn't know if they made any internal improvements that would be worth sacrificing the better feeling grip (to me) for the next gen gun. I guess i'll be picking me up a g19 sooner than later :up: