All I want for Christmas is my HCP

I know it will probably take a bit longer, but a kid can hope, right?

After my class, I realized that I did not have my birth certificate. I had to send off for one from Florida, so it took about three weeks. Wish I had checked before I took the class.

Then after all that waiting, like an idiot, I forgot to bring it with me to the DMV. DOH! Had to go back home and get it.

My son went to put in his application on the same day and only brought a check. Cash only! He thinks that they really don't want citizens to have their permit, and so they make it really difficult to get it. He said they can kiss his ***, he is going to get it, no matter how many hoops he has to jump through!

I kind of agree. Why can't they put in a fingerprint kiosk at the DMV? The setup looked really simple. Just a laptop, a little scanner and some software. My closest location was a UPS store, and it was manned by a teenager who did my prints. This could / should be done right where you put in your application. I had to drive all over creation to find the closest location.

Anyway, I got the whole thing done in a day. Even though the paperwork said you had to wait a day after calling to make an appointment and actually getting printed, they told me that was incorrect and I could do it anytime.

Now I just have to wait. :shrug:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest clutepc

I'm with ya... mine went in just under 2 weeks ago....

My MTAC came in the mail today ( Great Holster!!) of course this has now made the wait take twice as long I'm sure..

Probably bad luck to get the holster before the HCP.. :wave:

Sure would be a nice Christmas though...

My son went to put in his application on the same day and only brought a check. Cash only!

Wasn't the cash part made clear where he took his HCP class at? Whats the big deal here? As for finger prints I am guessing the state does not want the responsibility of doing it and it is less expensive for it to be farmed out to UPS.

I got the whole thing done in a day.

About two hours for me, and half of that was drive time to TDOS and then to the UPS Store. Pretty simple really considering the responsibility it lays upon us.

Probably bad luck to get the holster before the HCP.. :wall:

Sure would be a nice Christmas though...

Yep jinxed for sure dude, and don't forget TDOS shuts down for the last two weeks of the year anyway :wave::D

Yeah, but when you renew by mail, you can just send a check.

I didn't have to do the Birth Certificate BS when I got my permit. But I can see why that's done. That way, if you don't have a birth certificate or other paperwork that shows you are legal for a carry permit, you can just carry illegally without any background check.

Wasn't the cash part made clear where he took his HCP class at? Whats the big deal here?

Actually in the info paper we got it said cash or "certified" check. I guess he missed the certified part. For me it was no big deal at all. I only deal in cash, that's all I ever use.