MCTS Club IDPA Classifier 04/03/2010

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope to see you guys there, the baby has been due anytime for the last couple weeks which is why I haven't made it to the last couple of matches. My wife had the little one a few days ago but he's been stuck in the NICU due to having gunk remaining in his lungs (labor lasted all of 15 mins, too fast to squish it all out as usually happens), if he's home by Friday I'll be there.

It's been a tough few days but hopefully it'll bring me some luck, if my time is anywhere near as fast as my wife's delivery I should make Master.

manofsteel,

People watching to get a feel of the sport are always welcome, however you will be extremely disappointed by not trying it. The Classifier is an event to test your long shots, strong/weak hand shooting, and your head shots. This is the most basic style of matches to perform however one of the hardest because people let the fear factor when the buzzer sounds set in. Make sure you bring eye and hearing protection. If you forget, we have some for you to use. If you are lacking in equipment(holsters, mags, or mag holder), let me know and I will see what I can do.

Hope to see you there at the range.

J. Michael Bresson

Vice President Music City Tactical Shooters

www.mctsclub.com

Guest gw2and4
Why do you have to be hating on the GREAT shooting skills? I thought you hated me cause of my good looks.

So modest, those gamers...sigh. :D

Guest gw2and4
once the rain passed we had a fantastic day for shooting.

That we did, sir.

We had 21 shooters class up today, congrats to them!

Thanks. I for one enjoyed adding some "class" to my shooting career. Fairly proud that I classified Sharp Shooter given my first match was in December. Of course, by doing that--I've almost guaranteed I'll be coming in dead last in my category each match...sigh. ;)

Great job gw2and4. Sharpshooter in that short a time is a very nice accomplishment.

Glad you came out Tim. It was nice meeting and shooting with you and hope you come back again.

The weather was wonderful Saturday. By 9:00am the rain had passed and the sun came out soon afterwards. It turned out to be a great day at the range. We had a lot of shooters class for the first time and that was great to see.

Rick

Great shooting with you guys the other day, great weather after the rain (my head still has the sunburn to prove it...).

As for finally shooting the classifier, all I can say is, man, stage 3 was just brutal... after stages 1 and 2 I almost thought I was getting pretty good, but after stage 3 I was lucky I made Sharpshooter...

Guess the beauty of it was that it was a blast, and there's always next time...