Clarksville, TN Barrett 82A1

Guest mindless01

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do people not think about this type of thing before dishing out that kind of cash?

Barrett should include a list of ranges that are willing to allow .50 BMG.

Exactly why I have not been tempted to get one, now if I owned the land to shoot it on my bank account would be seriously hurting :cool:

Do people not think about this type of thing before dishing out that kind of cash?

I disagree...while our nanny-state Federal government almost certainly thinks otherwise, an adult with even a moderate IQ is perfectly capable of taking such things as "places to shoot" into consideration when buying a firearm; it's not the manufacturer's responsibility to do that for him any more than it should be needed to tell people that hot coffer is hot.

I mean no offense to the OP here...who among us has not done something only to later realize that we may have not thought through all the variables; I know I have (I've even spilled hot coffee on myself once or twidce)! :D

Guest mindless01

Of course you think of things like this before you make the purchase. I DO have places I can shoot the gun. I only wanted a range so that I could be around other gun enthusiasts.

I don't feel in any way that Barrett is responsible for providing me a place to shoot or even a list of places. The gun was purchased as part of my collection and would have been purchased even if I didn't have a place to shoot it. Its like coin collectors buying an awesome coin they can't spend!

Anyway, I have friends with farms who allow me to bring my guns out and have a little fun.