Kevin O'Brien: Who's afraid of a little Tea Party? Everyone, fortunately

All:_____________

Interesting read. In the Cleveland Plain Dealer no less!!!

Kevin O'Brien: Who's afraid of a little Tea Party? Everyone, fortunately | - Opinions, Editorials, Letters and Columns from The Plain Dealer - cleveland.com

Here's the "great quote":

...They (---the Tea Party folks -- ) scare the hell out of both political parties, because they've embraced distrust.

The Democrats fear them because they see through the left's empty promise of utopia in exchange for freedom. The Republicans fear them because they're pushy and because they're loyal to their principles rather than to a party.

They make everyone uncomfortable. That's healthy. ...

71746479504575393538414143503963?_RM_EMPTY_&NULL

I heartily agree!!

Keep up the good work!

Leroy

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 6.8 AR

Those with loyalty to the DC mentality should be afraid of the Tea Party movement. It's a good thing. Swear an oath to protect and defend the Constitution should mean something, especially in DC. They seemed to have forgotten for way too long.

Guest mosinon

My biggest problem with the Tea Party is where were they for the eight years before Obama got elected? There I was trying to get people worried about the deficit, about the patriot act and so forth. And no one did anything.

But I've always been overly sensitive about the deficit I guess and about erosion of rights. No one really cares about those things until the "other" side does it. Does no one remember Clinton's unfunded mandates and so forth? Ah, it is maddening I tell you.

Guest Sgt. Joe

I just wonder how large the gathering will be next week in DC.???

They have had good crowds along the way but the average American that they claim to represent simply can not afford to just "up and go" to DC to protest.

No matter how large it is, you can bet the media will down play it all and May Heaven Forbid one of them does the littlest thing wrong.

Guest oldsmobile98
My biggest problem with the Tea Party is where were they for the eight years before Obama got elected? There I was trying to get people worried about the deficit, about the patriot act and so forth. And no one did anything.

But I've always been overly sensitive about the deficit I guess and about erosion of rights. No one really cares about those things until the "other" side does it. Does no one remember Clinton's unfunded mandates and so forth? Ah, it is maddening I tell you.

When Bush took office, I was 14, so I hope I can get a pass for the Clinton years.

Bush is another matter. I'll be honest; I did not pay enough attention to the unconstitutional stuff going on. Should have, but didn't.

2008 kind of woke me up, and I started to pay attention. The left deserves some of the blame for our current situation, but the GOP deserves some too. And I deserve some for not paying attention. Sorry. But you'd better believe I will be paying attention in the future, no matter the name of the party in control.

Guest 6.8 AR

What in the world do you expect? When something starts firing up, your only response is"Well, where were they eight years ago?"

I'm sure there a lot of people that have been worried for a long time. I know I have been worrying about the Patriot act, deficit and a lot of things for quite a while, but for someone to say a lame statement like it's the Tea Party's fault because it could have done something about it eight years ago, goes in to the twilight zone to me. Blame something on a group that didn't even exist. If you can't figure out where they were, you got your answer.

Ride this country down into the cesspool of communism and blame it on someone else. It's always easier that way.

You might think not everyone is on the same clock as you, and be happy and join in. But it's always fun to criticize, isn't it?

I'll hold my criticism to the communist hyenas trying to destroy our country, right now.

Edited by 6.8 AR
add
When Bush took office, I was 14, so I hope I can get a pass for the Clinton years.

Bush is another matter. I'll be honest; I did not pay enough attention to the unconstitutional stuff going on. Should have, but didn't.

2008 kind of woke me up, and I started to pay attention. The left deserves some of the blame for our current situation, but the GOP deserves some too. And I deserve some for not paying attention. Sorry. But you'd better believe I will be paying attention in the future, no matter the name of the party in control.

Amen brother!! Very wise post, indeed!!!

PS--- MORE NEWS. CHECK THIS OUT: http://www.gallup.com/poll/127262/Democratic-Party-Image-Drops-Record-Low.aspx#1

Keep up the good work.

Kind regards,

Leroy

Edited by leroy
ADDED POLL DATA -DEM/REPUBS..