1. 1. What do you think of the date for the EAT and SHOOT

• January 12th at 6:30PM
    • Another date would be better

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest canynracer

jumpin in the shower...will be there bout 1:15-1:30 latest...

see you there!! I will be wearing a black sweatshirt with a grey stripe across the front...and cargo pants

My son and I showed up a little late...around 1:15 or so. The people at the counter didn't know about a group meet, so we just got a lane and did some shooting. Sorry I didn't get to chat with y'all.

Who brought the Desert Eagle??? We were 2 lanes away (lane 12), and the muzzle blast was incredible. Everyone else just quit shooting and watched the Desert Eagle. Awesome sight.

Daniel had never shot a gun before, so I thought it would be a good experience for him. He's 13, and he had a ball.

Why kind of gun was your son shooting? Was it a .22 target pistol?

Guest TNDixieGirl

As usual, I'm a day late finding this thread. ;) I've never been to this section of the forum. I'm discovering all kinds of new (to me) sections today. :bowrofl:

Guest jcramin

Well next time keep an eye out and come join us. I guess if we get enough interest to do this on a regular basis maybe we can make an email list for someone to keep and just email everyone when we want to go shoot.

J

As usual, I'm a day late finding this thread. ;) I've never been to this section of the forum. I'm discovering all kinds of new (to me) sections today. :bowrofl:
Guest canynracer

Or maybe a "sticky thread" (ummm, Mods?)

it was fun, jcramin, I never officially met you, but I was shooting near halfpint, and next to the MPD tatical trainer dude....that desert eagle was CRAZY loud!!

I think we should talk to Scott (owner of the range) , I am sure that if we could get a number, he would make the accomidations for the meets

in the meantime, lets try to plan something like the east tn group does, I mean hey, we are better looking!!! hehehehe

Guest David Waldrip

Scott has made the training range (small range) available for groups before.

Looking here, his first choice would probably be a Saturday night, since that is identified as "Book a Group Night". That's just a guess on my part.

But, depending on his class schedule, the small range might also be available on a Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday night, too.

This is doable.

Guest jcramin

All sounds good to me so I guess our first thing to do is try and decide between all of us what day of the week and what time would be best and then maybe set a monthly date and do this every month.

J

Guest Halfpint

I'm definitely up for going again sometime in February--hopefully by then I'll have a rimfire so I can afford to shoot more and coach my buddy less.

And for those interested in wheelguns, shooting a slicked-up Smith 586 is a LOT of fun.

Guest jcramin

YEP me and my son shot about 200 rounds of .22 and had a CHEAP FUN time.

I'm definitely up for going again sometime in February--hopefully by then I'll have a rimfire so I can afford to shoot more and coach my buddy less.
Guest canynracer

Friday night is "Date Night" and NRA discount night:

Fridays –NRA Members Night - $7.00 range fees!*

Date Night - 2 dinners, 1 lane, 2 boxes of ammo, & 2 targets all for just $39.99!

How bout the 3rd Friday of every month?

Guest David Waldrip

Friday, Feb. 15th.

Look at this.......................Valentines is Thursday the 14th. Back to back "date night". The spouse calls it for Thursday night, and then you bring your spouse to the range for "date night" on Friday night. That's a win-win ("I don't care who you are")............:eek: