Corker and Healthcare

Sen. Bob Corker: health care repeal doesn't pass 'common-sense test' | tennessean.com | The Tennessean

I read this article in the Sunday paper and it made me mad. Corker thinks we should work to amend the current healthcare bill instead of repealing it.

He states, "The Tennessee senator said repealing the bill doesn’t pass the “common-sense test” and that Congress should look for ways to deal with

the worst parts of the bill." Worst parts of the bill??? Someone tell me what the good parts are? I guess it's easy to ignore this when it doesn't apply to the people creating the law. I thought laws must apply equally to all citizens, or it, in effect, is discrimination.

This moron doesn't pass the common senator test. We THe People said no to this bill, and they still passed it.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HvyMtl

Sigh. Ok. Realistically, getting anything repealed is practically impossible. You must have the SCOTUS declare it UnConstitutional, or it will stay there.

Realistically, even if all goes well for the GOP in the next election, they probably would not have enough votes to repeal.

Modifying is much easier, and quicker.

Some aspects make sense, like your college kid being on your health insurance while still in school. Pre-existing condition coverage and the prevention of insurance from dropping you, due to you becoming ill, make sense...

Mandating the PURCHASE of ANYTHING is the thing which makes no sense. TOTALLY UnConstitutional.

AS for Corker... Well, what do expect? His mouth lost us the Spring Hill GM Plant. He has a touch of Biden Syndrome, or Foot in Mouth disease. He also is not in touch with the middle class, as he is the wealthiest Senator from Tennessee in a long time. Top 15 wealthiest US Senator...

Edited by HvyMtl

I read something where they could defund it to make the law DOA. As in the case of the southern border fence, it should be built, but there is no funding to complete it.

But this doesn't stop the IRS from gaining new authority, it doesn't stop the gov't from gaining access to our bank accounts, and it doesn't stop them (Congress) from opting out. So repealing is a better, yet more difficult option IMO.

And then there is this little part of the bill: Microchiping included in Healthcare Bill ? | Ron Paul 2012 | Campaign for Liberty at the Daily Paul

First they try to force us to buy healthcare, then secretly tucked in the bill is a provision that may force us to get some foreign object placed in our bodies? This is alot of unwarranted "force" for a country that stands for freedom and liberty. Sometimes I think I went to bed one night and awoke in Bizzaro World.

Guest HvyMtl

Um. the tagging, is a bit much. Kinda like the Death Panels....

Lack of funding is a way to delay it, but it wont take it off the books.

Besides, wasnt this sidestepped by placing new mandates on States?

Um. the tagging, is a bit much. Kinda like the Death Panels....

When these bills are written with such a broad stroke of the pen, I fear someone down the road could use this, now legal, provision as they see fit. It may be a bit much, but its worth making people aware of the contents. RFID chips can now placed into peoples body, the question is will it ever be mandatory? Death panels are a nice catch phrase, but the rationing of care will provide the same destructive consequences. So call it what you will.

Some people take these as "nothing to get excited about" notions, but I with the ever-growing appetite for power of DC, people need to start piecing this stuff together.

Hell, ask most people about posse comitatus, and they will probably tell you its still a valid law. Many people overlooked the fact the G.W. Bush effectively repealed this back in 2006 with the signing of John Warner Defense Authorization Act of 2007 (H.R.5122). All these individually may be nothing to get exicted about, but when looked at collectively, you notice a pattern that cannot and should not be ignored.

I hope my concerns are for nothing, but suspect otherwise...

Guest 6.8 AR

Rush or Hannity, one of them, was mad at the less than conservatives about this idea

that came out of the beltway. Their minds can be changed about this.