Boar/wild Hog hunting in TN.

Guest Keinengel

Patty....if my post offends you, please delete it! I don't know what a canned hunt is, and never chased a pig with a 10,000 dollar dog (my grand daddy would never have gone for that) ain't no pig worth 10,000! I also thought about a hunt at Big South Fork, but we can't get in until January I beleive. As far as fencing for wild boar, ram goat, sheep stag ect ect...first the law requires that invasive and destructive species (wild boar "sus scrofa" ) and all non-native species be enclosed using escape proof fencing. I beleive Stacy has about 5 square miles of fencing to keep his "hog zillas" on his property. If it wasn't fenced, then people with 10,000 dollar dogs would be kill'n his hogs. If that PATTY fella would put all of his energy into inviting us on a hog hunt into one of his wilderness wildlife areas and become a hunting guide, he'd have less time to fuss about us hunters that don't have such opportunities! He should become a hunting guide. Currently I am hunting feral hogs on government land. I have to use bow. No dogs allowed. The old fashion way...stalking. These boar are free roaming and have several thousand acres of land at their disposal. Weird thing about it is...I see them in the same little ol' swamp all the time...seems they never want to leave that area. So to me, if there was a mile or more of fence around that area..so be it. The pigs aren't going any place! PATTY, Tennessee Extreme charges 600 for a hunt with dogs (albeit not 10,000 dollar ones)...what would you charge us for a hunt?

I was not asking the Moderators if they approved of the hunt, just a link to something I thought would benifit the hunting comunity. If I violated the rules as PATTY seems to think...please delete that post.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PATTY please delete my post if you desire. However, You could take your 10,000 dollar pair of dogs in your 40,000 dollar truck and take us all on a pig hunt. Excert your energy as a guide to take us into "God's" country instead of fuss'n. If we get to go I'll bring my 12,000 dollar GMC, walmart hunting boots (29.99) and my el'cheapo (45-70) that cost me a measly 350 dollars. Since I don't have the time to travel out east to scout and hunt...make me a good deal on a hunt!

Guest Patty
Patty....if my post offends you, please delete it! I don't know what a canned hunt is, and never chased a pig with a 10,000 dollar dog (my grand daddy would never have gone for that) ain't no pig worth 10,000! I also thought about a hunt at Big South Fork, but we can't get in until January I beleive. As far as fencing for wild boar, ram goat, sheep stag ect ect...first the law requires that invasive and destructive species (wild boar "sus scrofa" ) and all non-native species be enclosed using escape proof fencing. I beleive Stacy has about 5 square miles of fencing to keep his "hog zillas" on his property. If it wasn't fenced, then people with 10,000 dollar dogs would be kill'n his hogs. If that PATTY fella would put all of his energy into inviting us on a hog hunt into one of his wilderness wildlife areas and become a hunting guide, he'd have less time to fuss about us hunters that don't have such opportunities! He should become a hunting guide. Currently I am hunting feral hogs on government land. I have to use bow. No dogs allowed. The old fashion way...stalking. These boar are free roaming and have several thousand acres of land at their disposal. Weird thing about it is...I see them in the same little ol' swamp all the time...seems they never want to leave that area. So to me, if there was a mile or more of fence around that area..so be it. The pigs aren't going any place! PATTY, Tennessee Extreme charges 600 for a hunt with dogs (albeit not 10,000 dollar ones)...what would you charge us for a hunt?

I was not asking the Moderators if they approved of the hunt, just a link to something I thought would benifit the hunting comunity. If I violated the rules as PATTY seems to think...please delete that post.

1st of all, none of this offends me. lol

2nd. I did not make the rules, but rules are for a reason.

If you are going to pour fuel on a fire, its going to flame up, lol.

What would I charge to guide a hunt, ahhhhh I think I should be paying the hunters to go, I am not that interested in the kill, its all about the hunt for me.

Did you ever wonder where those canned hunts get them animals??. lol. Yeah I know its all legal.

Most that I have investigated anyways, their hogs are reproducing naturally in the wild. How much for a hunt?

I'm with ya on "it's all about the hunt". But my friend, I don't like spending all that money it cost to hunt, just to go to the grocery store to buy pork chops. Seems hunting and feeding our families should go hand in hand. Pork in the grocery store is for the most part over 3.00 dollars a pound. Wild Boar meat on the internet is about 14.00 dollars a pound. So If you take me on a hunt for 600.00, I kill...lets say...a 300lb boar....BINGO! I got to hunt, and put meat on the table.( By the way, those who have never had wild boar meat...It's AWESOME!) All for about 2.00 dollars a pound! You win, I win, and nobody goes hungry!

I'll pay you 600 for a two day hunt with dogs, lodging, meals, transportation to and from the hunt area, field dressing and cold storage for my hogs....come on, how about buddy? Hook me up!

Edited by wd-40
Unapproved commercial advertising should never be posted by members of our Community. This means that unless you have sought authorization from the TGO Staff to post a commercial advertisement for goods or services, you may not use advertising language in posts made to the forums. Specifically:

• No advertising language, links, banners, images, etc. in posts
  • No advertising language, links, banners, images, etc. in signatures
  • No sending unsolicited private messages (PMs) to members with any of the above in it

Authorized vendors are exempt from these restrictions.

I know the rules but they are up to the mods descretion and if Mason feels it was fine then good enough with me. Also lets not turn this into an argument. Lets all go hug a tree and be nice :screwy:.

Guest Patty
Most that I have investigated anyways, their hogs are reproducing naturally in the wild. How much for a hunt?

I'm with ya on "it's all about the hunt". But my friend, I don't like spending all that money it cost to hunt, just to go to the grocery store to buy pork chops. Seems hunting and feeding our families should go hand in hand. Pork in the grocery store is for the most part over 3.00 dollars a pound. Wild Boar meat on the internet is about 14.00 dollars a pound. So If you take me on a hunt for 600.00, I kill...lets say...a 300lb boar....BINGO! I got to hunt, and put meat on the table.( By the way, those who have never had wild boar meat...It's AWESOME!) All for about 2.00 dollars a pound! You win, I win, and nobody goes hungry!

I'll pay you 600 for a two hunt with dogs, lodging, meals, transportation to and from the hunt area, field dressing and cold storage for my hogs....come on, how about buddy? Hook me up!

Nope.

Well, if that is the only way you can explain the reason for using the word kid, I guess I will accept that then, "boy". And being that you have zero experience with what you are wanting to do, and because I live just alittle ways from this hunting perserve. I would have to agree with you, you don't have enough facts or experience to really know the difference, between one or the other.

Oh, if you want to catch some really nice looking wild fish, I saw some in BassPro, that you might be interested in too. :screwy:

Unapproved commercial advertising should never be posted by members of our Community. This means that unless you have sought authorization from the TGO Staff to post a commercial advertisement for goods or services, you may not use advertising language in posts made to the forums. Specifically:

• No advertising language, links, banners, images, etc. in posts
  • No advertising language, links, banners, images, etc. in signatures
  • No sending unsolicited private messages (PMs) to members with any of the above in it

Authorized vendors are exempt from these restrictions.

This is not going in the right direction for you sir.

Members of TGO are allowed to mention companies who are offering any type of service as long as they are not directly in with the company, because that would be illegal advertising. What has taken place in this thread is no more than if I told you that Bass Pro had ammo on sale this week. "This means that unless you have sought authorization from the TGO Staff to post a commercial advertisement for goods or services, you may not use advertising language in posts made to the forums". He sought authorization, I approved, and we moved on, well all did except for you.

If you feel anything has violated the Code of Conduct, then please report it to the Administrator, and he can judge what he wants for his site.

You calling me out on having "enough experience" based on my age is ludicrous. 22 years of hunting and growing up with a father and grandfather who lived, breathed, ate, and slept hunting my whole life, is enough in my book. If you disagree, remember this is a private forum and just as easily as you chose to join it, you can choose to leave it.

Remember you have offered no insight to this hunting preserve that could help us uninformed folks, judge what kind of hunting it is. Instead you have decided it is better just to throw jabs at the other members questioning their every post. This sir, is not the proper way to conduct yourself on TGO.

Since you seem so “intuned” to the code of conduct for this site, I guess you missed this one:

1. You are a guest here. Conduct yourself accordingly.

All members are reminded that they are guests of TGO and should conduct themselves accordingly.

You do not have a God-Given right to be here; this is very much our "house" and our guests are expected to follow this code of conduct. This is not a democracy. The word of the TGO Staff is final on any subject. If you have a question about or disagree with the way something was handled by a moderator or Staff member, take it up with them in private. Do not debate them in public! If you do not like the answer that you receive, feel free to contact the TGO Administrator.

If you argue with a Staff member publicly or otherwise engage in insubordinate behavior, you will be removed from the site without question.

Edited by memphismason
Guest BEARMAN
I also thought about a hunt at Big South Fork, but we can't get in until January I beleive.

wd, we can hunt for feral hawgs as early as the opening of archery season for deer at Big South Fork according to the TWRA rules, since they're not considered "wild boar" there...just feral hogs.

That January thru Feb.28th is a special "feral hog only" hunt. They charge a measly $5.00 for the permit to hunt the ferals @ Big South Fork, on the January special hunt.

Now, if someone knows someone with private land up around that region, we can go hunt 'em now, with firearms or archery gear; getting permission is the key there, of course.

Oh, BTW...count me in, wd. :D