Taurus revolver parts

Guest NELSON

I am looking to shnge the hammer in my Model 85 from a standard to a concealed hammer. I called Taurus to order the concealed hammer and was told that I would have to send the gun in and have them change it. Does anyone know where I could find a concealed hamme or even a standatd one that i can cut down?? Thanks

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Shooting Coach

Taurus has about the best warranty out there. They will not send you parts. Period.

Trade your gun for one you want. Butchering your gun will kill its resale value, and if warranty service is needed, you will pay for parts needed to return it to stock condition.

Guest Mugster

Butchering a revolver is replacing the hammer? BS

Just keep the original one and stick it back in if you want to sell it.

Taurus aftermarket parts are hard to come by. You might call brownells. See if they know of one that will work or they might know someone that messes with taurus revolvers. If you want custom anything besides grips/sights, you're best bet over the long haul is going to be a S&W, imo.

I looked on Brownells web site and didn't have much luck. I will give them a call and see if I can figure something out. I would even settle for a standard hammer that i can cut down. I just want to have the original incase there are any problems with the change. I have changed the grips, and just swapped in a 9 lb. hammer spring and 6.5 lb trigger spring. I am trying to get the gun to a level that the lady likes. She liked an M&P revolver that we looked at but with both of us being in college it is kinda hard to come by $700. If I can get this one set up I will have an additional $50 into a $290 gun.

I am looking to shnge the hammer in my Model 85 from a standard to a concealed hammer. I called Taurus to order the concealed hammer and was told that I would have to send the gun in and have them change it. Does anyone know where I could find a concealed hamme or even a standatd one that i can cut down?? Thanks

The models with the concealed hammer seem to have a different frame, but here is a regular hammer which you could have bobbed if you like: http://www.e-gunparts.com/productschem.asp?chrMasterModel=2040z85

It's #22. The other parts and schematic may be of interest to you, as well.

Guest gcrookston
Unless you send the gun in Taurus has the worst customer service probably of any gun maker. That isn't just my experience, that is the experience of at least 2 wholesalers I deal with. So good luck with that.

I was not going to chime in on this one... but since Rabbi opened the door... I sent a .44 special revolver back to them about 5 years ago due to light primer striking problem. I had purchased it new and sent it back through my FFL for repair. 4 months...

Unless you send the gun in Taurus has the worst customer service probably of any gun maker. That isn't just my experience, that is the experience of at least 2 wholesalers I deal with. So good luck with that.

NO hassles "lifetime warranty", but you gotta send it back first. Same could be said about Leupold, LL Bean, Ruger, Craftsman.

NO hassles "lifetime warranty", but you gotta send it back first. Same could be said about Leupold, LL Bean, Ruger, Craftsman.

Or Hi Point.

It sure sounds like Gcrookston experienced something less than "no hassles." I dont know about the others, but I know Ruger has excellent customer service, so I've heard. Smith has excellent service. SIG had good customer service although I've just had a bad experience with them. Brownell's has excellent service. And the top, as far as I know, is Dillon. Never heard a negative about them.

Guest gcrookston

Wasn't impressed with Smith's service. I purchased 2 P22's when they first came out... between the two they went back to the factory 5 times for the same problem(s). The first day I fired mine, the safety lever fell off, had problems feeding and ejecting. The one I'd purchased for my brother for his birthday had similiar problems. Both were slid off after returning from their last trips to the factory (unfired). In fact, I traded mine for the .44 special...

Sig customer service... I purchased a new standard 4" trailside when they first came out. The nickel on the slide began to flake off almost immediately (mechanically nothing wrong). I mentioned it to the store owner, he said his was doing the same thing. bring it in and let's send them back. Two days after they were shipped I get a call from Sig. The woman explains something about a batch of former eastern block steel not being up to par and they were aware of the problem. However, they are backed up on the 4" standard models, and it may take up to a month to get one... or she can send me the 6" target version out today as a replacement for no additional cost... My choice.

Thanks for the bump. I got the link and I am going to give them a call after Christmas. Been a busy week. I am hoping that they will have the hammer with the lock built in, but we will see. Thanks for the help guys.