MCTS IDPA Match May15 @ Dickson, TN

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have temporary parking on Coon Creek Road and you may cross the creek if you have high vehicle clearance. Do this at your own risk my 1/2 ton Silverado had clearance issues leaving the range on Saturday. Do Not park on the range driveway, we need to leave this open for those crossing the creek and those working on the bridge. The matches are worth a short walk into the range.

Range setup will start at 8:00 AM we will need help with setup. Registration will not open until setup is complete, shooters meeting at 9:15, match begins at 9:30

If you are a new shooter you are of course welcome but must be there by 8:30 for a safety briefing.

Guest Bronker
With eye and ear protection absolutely they are. You on the other hand will be shooting, correct?

Baby-steps!:biglol:

I'm pretty sure that I will make a fool out of myself when I do decide to shoot the match...so...will likely watch first!

Guest Bronker
Bronker, I make a fool out of myself every match but I still have fun. You should shoot.

Hey, Matt!

I hope to see you there! Been a while, buddy.

Guest Bronker
Bronker, I'll shoot next time with you! Can't attend yet though. Saturday is move in day.

That sounds good, J. That'll give me yet another good reason to get my butt out there. Have you ever shot one of these IDPA matches before?

Guest Bronker
We have been trying to coax him out as well. You guys really need to give this a try and don't let Matt fool you he shoots well.

I think (and am afraid) I could get into it. I'll start researching rules, etc. and maybe I can come out Saturday. Ought to be interesting...bringing a Glock that I've had for two days (first Glock ever)...in a competitive shoot that I've never even seen demonstrated.

You know, with such a 'recipe', I'm liable to win the whole dang thing!!!:D

Short list of questions:

--How many mags do I need?

--What type holster do I need?

--Typical ammo expenditures?

3 mags minimum

Strong side holster

Double mag pouch

This match is 69 rounds if you shoot it perfect

I will bring a holster and mag pouch for you, can arrange for another mag as well if you need it. You will also need to shoot from concealment (shirt, vest, or light jacket, etc).

Guest Bronker
3 mags minimum-should have by Saturday

Strong side holster-I bought one today

Double mag pouch-Would need to borrow

This match is 69 rounds if you shoot it perfect--Oh, I'll need 70. I shoot wildly:D

I will bring a holster and mag pouch for you, can arrange for another mag as well if you need it. You will also need to shoot from concealment (shirt, vest, or light jacket, etc).

I'm actually starting to look forward to it. Hope I can come.

Guest Bronker
Bronker: holler at me if you go. I might clear the schedule to go as well.

Planned on that. Gonna shoot?

Want to ride toward Memphis with me Wednesday evening? Meeting Crimsonaudio to give him his Keltec.

Guest Bronker
not sure about shooting, but cant do the ride that dang work thing keeps getting in the way.

demonstration_-_muslim_protester_points_his_toy_gun_at_ronald_mcdonald.jpg

"McFlurry...he goes with me..."

It's great you guys have managed to get the range back online so quick... I suck, you rule.

Thanks to our wonderful flood, I got my finished basement down to studs and my shiny new STI has for the moment turned into a shiny new washer and dryer pair, but hopefully life will chill out enough to shoot some guns for a few hours on Saturday.

Would've been there to help this past Saturday but had some friends downtown who needed some of my unique skills... Spent the day unwiring millions of dollars of high end audio gear that had been sitting in muck 10 feet from the Cumberland for four days... what a disaster.

Flooding f**king sucks.

Bronker, I got 9mm glock mags you can use if you need try and make it, it's a blast. Hope Kano makes the trip too.

The weather is turning crap again... I'm going to have to skip this one and hope to make the next one (if we ever see a weekend without rain and flooding again).