Guest c.a.s.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Valkyrie
Only a Day :D

Take that to mean Verbal hasn't shot him down yet:rofl:

Santa was apparently tipped off to the attack, so he has been delivering presents slightly early in an attempt to avoid confrontations. :)

Guest gcrookston

Kinda like leprosy.... it starts small, maybe a blotch like an SKS or M180, then it spreads: an AR behind the bathroom door, leaning up against the wall, an M90S1 under the bed. Before you know it, there is no wood to be found in the house and the rolling stones are playing "paint it black" in a continious loop and your girlfriend leaves you because you can't put down your 93... yep... you are in for a ride... congrats!!! What is that rifle by the way?

Yep, .22LR, High Velocity only.

It shoots great, I just need to replace the sights or put a scope on it. I guess tomorrow I get to go to Charlie's again or Wal*mart and get a low-magnification scope. I could try and tacticool it and buy a laser and a red dot sight....

Guest ETS_Inc

That looks like a good start to me.

Of course, you now have 6 years to start saving your pennies for the culmination of the infestation of BRD, when you're old enough to buy an M-16. (Well, you could buy one in 3 years, if you find one for sale by another TN resident, and the gun is on either a Form 1 or a 4.

Heck, if you did start saving now, and didn't worry about that pesky little annoyance called college, or a car, or a girlfriend, or a life, you just might be able to buy one in 6 years. You'll need to set aside at least $2,000 a year, probably more.

I never understood "High Velocity Only", since everything I've seen is high velocity.

Mars: my bulk box of Federal cycled properly. I had a case catch in the bolt (it didn't get far enough away before the bolt returned), but that's the only non user-related problem I've had.

Guest Phantom6
Yep, .22LR, High Velocity only.

It shoots great, I just need to replace the sights or put a scope on it. I guess tomorrow I get to go to Charlie's again or Wal*mart and get a low-magnification scope. I could try and tacticool it and buy a laser and a red dot sight....

Yup. It's started alright. Congrats on the new rifle. Sharon and I have one of those in the collapsable stock varient that we bought for the grandchildren to shoot when they are in town (one of them is about your age- :eek: don't tell anyone I'm that old) and it is a surprisingly sharp and accurate little shooter.

Guest ETS_Inc

Not all .22 is high-velocity. There are quite a few subsonic rounds, as well as some stuff that's not quite 'high' velocity. Of course, high velocity is pretty relative.

Mars: my bulk box of Federal cycled properly. I had a case catch in the bolt (it didn't get far enough away before the bolt returned), but that's the only non user-related problem I've had.

Glad to hear that. Sounds like you got a good one. They may have done some design change to aid reliability since the ones I knew about several years ago.

Have fun with it.

Guest Phantom6
Or, go get a full scholarship to college. Keep that scholarship through all four years. Graduate, and ask for an M16 at graduation instead of a new car.

That's the best idea! :wave: