Info on a school in Williamson County

Has anyone had any experience with S.A.T.S. "Small Arms Training School?"

I am registered to attend their CCW class on 1/26. It was a Christmas gift so I have not personally spoke w/ any of the instructors yet. My wife spoke to one of them and she intially got their information from a few sales folks from Academy sports in Cool Springs.

Just doing some homework before I speak with them thisw week.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am personally acquainted with Jim Mauth, one of the instructors. He is a fine person with a lot of experience and a good shooter. I believe he trained members of the Coast Guard in small arms in his working life.

You should pretty happy with the experience but I would be interested in hearing your impressions.

I took the Williamson Co SD Safety Class several years ago which Jim and company put on through the Reserve Department. I have also shot with them on the last Saturday of the month at the County Range many times. I'm sure you will be satisfied with Jim and the instruction you get particularly for the money. The safety class they offer is also a good value if you have the time. I even managed to talk my wife into taking the class without me and it has been good for her.

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update...I finally had my class last Saturday and my finger printing was done on Thursday. I was pleased with my experience w/ S.A.T.S. The instructors were very experienced and sounded like they had a lot of street experience from LE and military work and/or training. There were a bunch of us students crammed into a small room but the instructors kept it light and enjoyable. On the range there was an instructor for every 2-3 students. I would definately recommend these guys for their carry class and I'm trying to convince my wife to take it to get her permit. There were approximately 5 women in the class that I was in and I believe only 2 of them were there w/ their husbands. As of right now they do not offer any advanced training courses as far as I'm aware of.