Remington 1100 v 11-87

Guest Len

Can anyone give me the skinny on the differences between these two? I've learned so far the 11-87 is more recently introduced, is based on the 1100 and is cheaper than the 1100, which does not tell me much. Anyone have any experience/wisdom? Thanks.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only difference which I am aware of is that the 11-87 has a better self-regulating gas system, while the 1100 must be tuned manually to feed low power or high power shells... I've never heard that the 1100 was sensitive enough to cause many problems. It does affect felt recoil and wear & tear on the gun though. Both are fine shotguns though... I wouldn't be leery of either setup, the 11-87 is just a bit more flexible.

I have owned both. In fact, I traded my 1100 for an 11/87. I must say that the 11/87 is much superior to the 1100. I'm not a huge remington fan, but I love this shotgun. I'ts very flexible. I've never made any adjustments to mine and its never jammed on any load. Also, the fit, finish and wood quality are much better.

Thanks guys. Useful information. I too was never much of a Remington guy (I tend towards Mossberg for the low end and Italy for the high), but have found a couple of decent deals on the 11-87 and I really need a reasonably-priced auto loader shotgun. (Well, not "need," more like "really want"...)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.