The Colony - pt 2

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Glock23ForMe

IDK.. I think it would be better if they would just put camera's EVERYWHERE, like on Big Brother... Because, what does the camera crew eat? Where do they sleep? Honestly?

I agree having a (well fed, rested, and clean) camera crew to interact with (the little confessionals from the colonists on occasion, plus the every day interaction) impacts the "experiment."

It also reinforces certain rules, like not killing the "outsiders" who try to take your stuff, or removing a colonist who is useless or annoying (like that fat and ugly aerospace engineer girl from the first season...)

• 2 weeks later...

This show has tanked fast.

1) So there just happened to be a fishing area with a nearly rebuilt house and nobody around?

2) The marauders' camp....whose idea was it to go there? Was it really Tick and Jim, or were they instructed to go there by the producers? Erm...the "colonists" know it's a show. Why would they think the marauders have a camp? I'd assume they're paid actors who go off to a green room after a raid, not off to a shanty town in the bayou.

3) What's it been, 3 weeks now since they built anything useful for survival? They've been working on that air boat system for at least that long and it still isn't working.

Ok, I agree there are several silly scripted things here.

However, the area they chose was a place where Katrina hit, and it would be perfectly viable for the area to have such places halfway repaired (then the insurance company balks and does not pay, or the rebuilder ran out of $, or they look around and see no neighbors moving back, and abandon.)

It seems the theme is the colony must move to "greener pastures." In Year 1, it was fleeing down the river, via truck, to an unknown "safe area." This situation they allow you to see where they will land. And it would make sense to move away from where they are, due to the attacks, and lack of food supply.

Edited by HvyMtl
Guest StayinAlive

I love that the colonists new home had already been occupied before they got relocated. Just goes to show how things don't often turn out as we expect them to.

Yeah, liked that too. Zero surprise the teacher lady abandoned the group the second she had a chance.

Well, at least they have a decent boat (dumb to leave the "scout boat" and the motorcycle engine behind...) with some food, water around them, and fishing capability, they could have easily continued to hunt for a new spot. (And they knew where crab traps were located.)

Basically, they knew they were being watched, and, since several of the people at the "fish house" were some of the same extras used to attack them, they did not plan on being watched away from the colony. Bad move, which cost them.

I would not have built the boat like they did, would have used the motorcycle engine to run a prop. Less fuel and far less noise.