Holster question

Guest SUNTZU

Guest SUNTZU

I am trying to decide between the miami classic and the aker comfort flex shoulder holster. Anyone have any experience with either? Or a small of back holster. This is for a glock 21. Thanks!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a SOB holster and don't use it because I don't like it sticking in my back when I sit down. There is also the scenario of falling backwards onto your pistol.

I don't currently have a shoulder rig so I don't have any input for those...

Shoulder holsters generally suck. I got one, an expensive Galco Jackass rig, for a customer (thanks Hero Gear!) for his SIG P220. He hated it. It wasnt fastened securely so it tended to flop around. Yeah, they look cool but thats about it.

I feel the same way about ankle holsters but for different reasons.

Guest EasilyObsessed

I have a Miami Classic and I use it pretty regularly. For me it works great, mainly because I dont have to bother removing my gun everytime I sit in my car ("sporty" seats generally prevent comfortable carry anywhere on my waist). If you go with the rig, make sure to get the tiedown straps for it. I find it very comfortable for all-day carry, but if I had to do it again, I would get the version where the straps widen over the top of the shoulder.

Also, if you want to save a few bucks, order it without the gun holster. I have one for a glock right now...and since the glock is up for sale, that portion of the holster will be too (Keeping the rest of the holster for other guns).

Edit: Scratch that, it looks like the 27 and and the 21 use different holster components.

Guest SUNTZU

I was thinking s.o.b. for work since I am on my feet. I like the wide shoulder straps of the aker, it looks more comfortable. I'll probably buy a wheelgun for work carry though, once I get my permit.

Strickj, give me an update on your classic after a week or so.

Rabbi, I would like a iwb holster, but I am a fat Italian, so I don't think that will work. Any recommendations, (other than lose weight, you fat ba$tard)?

Guest canynracer

I carry SOB, for my Kahr...for my Sigma, I found that the most comfortable was a hip holster...but that was my preference...

I have heard stories of bad things with the shoulder straps...like people shooting the people behind them while drawing under pressure situations....dont know if they are true...but it makes sense...so I just never tried them.

Guest canynracer

I have a SOB for the sigma that I tried...it is a Galco

71647.jpg

I didnt like it for that gun cause if the guns size...it fit well, and was very comfortable, till you sat down...and when you leaned back a little, the handle drove into my back a bit...mine is black...and costed over 100 bucks with tax...

but the most comfortable I found, is thi don hume

H710_web.jpg

and a longer shirt...works perfect...very comfortable, and you cant see it. I paid like 40 bucks with tax... (and that was too much lol...the pic above if from the manufacturer for 25 bucks)

Canyn, that looks like the Don Hume JIT that I had for my Beretta. Very comfortable as long as you have a good belt, but then again that is the story with almost every belt holster.

We have moved way off of the over the shoulder cannon holder. I bought an uncle mikes when I first got my permit. I hated it and took it back. Switched to hip holsters. So all I can say is don't get an uncle mikes.

Guest Mugster

Call me crazy, but i still like the old M7 shoulder holster. I've tried other shoulder rigs and a few paddle rigs and none really do it for me. I don't know if it will fit a glock or not. A sig 229 evidently fits as does an M9 pistol.

I've been jogging in mine lately including wind sprints...I know the pistol is secure. And I can drive with it on which is a big attraction...or get in and out of a ground blind or climb up into a deer stand with it as well.

http://www.pacificcanvasandleather.com/holsters/pcl_56_blk_r.htm