Gun magazines in drug stores?

Guest supergus

Guest supergus

I just moved from NC and I could always find at least two different gun magazines in our local CVS pharmacy. Here in TN I've been to Rite Aid, CVS, and Walgreens and none of them carry gun magazines. What's the story? I doubt that all three just happened to sell out at the same time.:confused:

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WalMart seems to have the best selection, must be 7 or 8 different mags.

The Weigels (you have Weigels?)near our house has a couple too.

The best way is to find one or two you like and subscribe, it is way way cheaper than paying full retail.

Guest supergus

Thanks. It just seemed weird that all of the stores I used to buy magazines at in NC didn't have one gun magazine in any of their TN stores that I visited.:confused:

Guest ETS_Inc

Don't you know what'll happen if they start selling gun magazines?

Somebody will start reading one, then the guns in the pictures will start zapping their brain with radio waves, taking over their mind. Before you know it, the gun will leap off the page and make the person rob the store of all its Sudafed and Oxicontin. We just can't have that happening here in TN.

Guest DrBoomBoom

They used to have them at Walgreens, but not any more. Yeah, Walmart, some food stores, most of the book stores. I hardly buy gun magazines anymore anyway, too much free info online and the prices have gone sky high.

Guest supergus

Marswolf,

Very good point. It's sometimes hard to get unbiased info from magazines. I think that's why it's been so hard for me to pick a handgun. Every gun review I read mentioned only negligible issues, none that would affect reliability.

Guest DrBoomBoom

On the internet, you get the fans and the detractors, it's like Ford vs. Chevy. Just bring up 1911s or caliber vs. shot placement, sights vs. point shooting, or (here it comes) GLOCKS! But you can sift through this and find a lot of valuable, hard info...honest opinions. In the magazines, there's no middle ground, most of them are like reading a freakin' teen idol magazine.

My only real beef with gun rags is that everything they have in them is all high dollar top of the line equipment. Nothing for the poor man or the man who just can't justify a $1000 1911. Scopes, rifles hanguns, whatever it is always seems to be out of my price range.

I would like to see comparisons of 1911's that are under $500, or polymer frames under $350. How about a story on Heritage SA .22's, or a Marlin Model 60? Never going to see it.