New Halo V

I had the Black Tactical model of this a while ago but traded it away, I sold my OD one to one of our members and this is my keeper

it truly is amazing how hard these things fire, with all of the tight tolerances and engineering that goes into these knifes it justifies their expense

here are some pictures, I sold my OD green one to a forum member so this is my keeper

IMG_1883.jpg

IMG_1884.jpg

IMG_1885.jpg

Edited by willis68
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome knife...

I love how you buy A KNIFE from A KNIFE COMPANY and they put "Caution Sharp Blade" on the box...

Keep the Serial Number...

Microtech knives have always been the sharpest out of the package, believe me when I tell you that in this case they are covering their ass big time, these Halo V's at least the two that I have had are almost too sharp, it amazes me how they put such a sharp edge on them

As for the serial number, they use like 315 serial numbers for thousands of knives, so it really means nothing as they are not unique and or tracked but thanks for noticing that I meant to blur it out ;)

Edited by willis68

Very cool. I have always wanted a Halo ever since I saw Jack Bauer use one on 24. I have never really wanted to spend that kind of money for a knife, but I ran across a couple of Microtechs at a gun show, and I ended up taking one home with me. I got a Combat Troodon. I prefer the Halo, but they didn't have one.

img20100916185318.jpg

It is the best knife I have owned. However, I never would have bought it if I knew I would not be able to carry it. That is something that has never made sense to me. I can legally carry a gun, but I can't carry an automatic knife. Just doesn't make sense. If I was a LEO I would be much more concerned about having a gun pulled on me than a knife.

In regards to the sharpness of Microtech knifes, I wonder if some models are sharper than others. My knife is sharp, but not super sharp.

Very cool. I have always wanted a Halo ever since I saw Jack Bauer use one on 24. I have never really wanted to spend that kind of money for a knife, but I ran across a couple of Microtechs at a gun show, and I ended up taking one home with me. I got a Combat Troodon. I prefer the Halo, but they didn't have one.

img20100916185318.jpg

It is the best knife I have owned. However, I never would have bought it if I knew I would not be able to carry it. That is something that has never made sense to me. I can legally carry a gun, but I can't carry an automatic knife. Just doesn't make sense. If I was a LEO I would be much more concerned about having a gun pulled on me than a knife.

In regards to the sharpness of Microtech knifes, I wonder if some models are sharper than others. My knife is sharp, but not super sharp.

I carried automatic and Butterfly knives legally when I lived in Florida, it is sad that Tennessee does not recognize the common sense that Florida does on that issue, so sadly My Autos are reduced to staying locked up and never get to leave the house. I still very much enjoy them though

I have the regular Troodon, that Combat Troodon is sweet! it will be my next Microtech my Halo is by far the sharpest Microtech that i own the Dual edge blades that I own including my troodon do not seem to be as sharp,

Edited by willis68

Well the other day I talked with a friend who is good friends with Tony of Microtech, he told me that a new Socom D/A is back into production and that they stopped all production of the Halo V , 3 weeks ago, So I traded my Tanto Socom for another Halo V that I should have in a few days, this one is Black, with a plain edge Tanto satin finished blade new in the Box (these ones the original with the titanium charging handle are hard to find)

Also they are releasing new 25% larger versions of both the Vector and the Kestrel I have always liked the Vector but found it to small, this should be a cool knife

Edited by willis68