Obama's Aunt: US Obligated to Make Me a Citizen

I searched to make sure it wasn't posted already if it has sorry. This such a load of crap.

Zeituni Onyango, Obama's Aunt, Says US Obligated to Grant Her Citizenship

(Sept. 21) -- As Congress prepares to re-initiate the stalled immigration reform debate this week, one very personal immigration issue looks poised to hit the president close to home.

President Barack Obama's aunt, Zeituni Onyango, says she's done nothing wrong by illegally living in the United States for years and is therefore deserving of amnesty.

"If I come as an immigrant, you have the obligation to make me a citizen," Onyango, 58, told Boston's WBZ news.

In her first interview since Obama was elected president, Onyango described how she came to America in 2000 from her native Kenya, fell ill and was hospitalized. Upon her release, Onyango told WBZ, she was out of money. So rather than return to her homeland, she continued to live in the country in violation of immigration laws.

Sponsored Links

After stints in a Boston homeless shelter, Onyango was eventually put in public housing and began receiving disability payments. In 2004, an immigration judge ordered her to leave the country, but Onyango remained. However, she noted that her story was less about intentionally flouting federal immigration policy and more about its ineffectiveness.

"I didn't take advantage of the system," Onyango said. "The system took advantage of me."

Onyango says that she received no help from Obama as her case was reviewed by Judge Leonard Shapiro, who ruled in May that Onyango could remain in the United States.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"I didn't take advantage of the system," Onyango said. "The system took advantage of me."

So receiving FREE medical care, living in public housing and receiving a disability check is not taking advantage of the system! :D She is as screwed up as her nephew. Send them both back.

Guest Sgt. Joe

That all just shows how screwed up some folks really are. :screwy:

The system took advantage of HER?......Give me a break.:screwy:

I am sure she longed for her mud hut back home and was a prisoner in her rent free apartment in the US :D

She defies a Federal court and stays here and because she did we now OWE her citizenship?:screwy:

That is like telling a failed bank robber that we are going to pay him for his troubles.

The really sad part is that she may well get what she wants and at any rate will never be MADE to leave.

But IMO we really should be giving them a Federally funded place to live for the rest of their lives, they have both earned it..... it is called PRISON!

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, had Obama intervened, she would have been granted citizenship already. Speaks volumes about her,because he has not attempted to sponsor her, or ask she be allowed to stay.

So. No. She does not deserve to be here. Send her home and bill her native country for all of her costs. If they balk, start taking it out of the stupid amounts of money we send out as "aid" to them. Continue to do this for all illegals caught and processed, for any nation they come from. And voila! Fewer illegals.