Gun Range Fees?

Guest TargetShooter84

Guest TargetShooter84

Okay, guys, I have some questions about the gun range fees.

Last year when me and my buddy went to CCA to use their range, we had our ammos and bought one ammo each so we spent 1.5 hrs at the range and we were under the impression it was $10 for range use, unlimited time?

When we checked out and went to pay for our range time and one ammo each, we were charged $15 for the range time and ammo cost too.

I tried to get them to tell me why I got charged and told them I thought it was unlimited use for $10? Got no straight answer.

Am I wrong?

Are all gun ranges charging by the hour?

Only range I know that doesn't is Gunny's (Not sure if it still in business or not) but they were charging 18 bucks for no time limit and that's pretty steep fee price.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From CCA's website....

$10.00 per session, per lane

Sessions last until the shooter leaves the premises

Additional shooters -- $5.00 each

Coal Creek Armory Indoor Shooting Range

You were charged $10 and buddy was $5. Is that correct?

Also, I'm pretty sure CCA has lowered their fees since last year...seems like it used to be $15/session.

It was last year...why worry about it?

Guest tnxdshooter
Okay, guys, I have some questions about the gun range fees.

Last year when me and my buddy went to CCA to use their range, we had our ammos and bought one ammo each so we spent 1.5 hrs at the range and we were under the impression it was $10 for range use, unlimited time?

When we checked out and went to pay for our range time and one ammo each, we were charged $15 for the range time and ammo cost too.

I tried to get them to tell me why I got charged and told them I thought it was unlimited use for $10? Got no straight answer.

Am I wrong?

Are all gun ranges charging by the hour?

Only range I know that doesn't is Gunny's (Not sure if it still in business or not) but they were charging 18 bucks for no time limit and that's pretty steep fee price.

You are indeed wrong. It is 15.00 and I take my own ammo. They always tell me to shoot as long as I want though and never have been charged over 15.00 unless I bought extra targets.

Guest TargetShooter84
From CCA's website....

Coal Creek Armory Indoor Shooting Range

You were charged $10 and buddy was $5. Is that correct?

Also, I'm pretty sure CCA has lowered their fees since last year...seems like it used to be $15/session.

It was last year...why worry about it?

You are indeed wrong. It is 15.00 and I take my own ammo. They always tell me to shoot as long as I want though and never have been charged over 15.00 unless I bought extra targets.

So we both had to pay 15 each? We both used the same lane, just took turns shooting....so they charged us 15 each was right?

They could've just said that when we asked instead of being ignorant about it.

Guest TargetShooter84

The reason I'm asking now is because we're planning on going back there again since its closer for us and we are on limited time but we want to be prepared if we were wrongly charged or something, just getting the facts from you guys now before we go.

Guest tnxdshooter

Wow,

They have changed it since I was there and dropped it from 15 to 10. So you guys got charged 10.00 for one of ya renting and then 5.00 for the additional person, +ammo + if you bought over the two free targets they give ya I think they are like 50-1.00 a piece if I remember correctly.

Lane Rental

range.jpg

Coal Creek Armory's indoor pistol range is available seven days a week, providing a clean, safe and professional environment for both casual shooters and competitive marksmen. We are the only range in the area that allows you to "try guns before you buy them". We have wide selection of rental guns that you may try out before before you purchase a handgun so you can be sure that you get the pistol that is right for you.

• 25 yard range
  • 10 lanes
  • Top of the line triple air filtration system
  • Armored backstop
  • Electronic target carrier system
  • Light markers at 7, 15, 25 yard marks
  • Eye and ear protection available free of charge for use by all range customers

Pricing

• $10.00 per session, per lane
  • Sessions last until the shooter leaves the premises
  • Additional shooters -- $5.00 each (up to 2 additional people per lane)
  • Wide selection of ammunition and targets available for purchase

• Ladies Day is on Tuesday all day long. Ladies are not charged for lane rental, and the guys that come along on the same lane are charged only $5.00 per person.

Rules

• Shooters must be at least 21, or accompanied by legal guardian.
  • Customers must complete safety orientation before accessing the range. Identification and signature are required.
  • Shooters must observe all safety rules.
  • The range is pistol caliber only. Long guns in pistol calibers, such as 22wmr, .45 Colt, and .30 Carbine, may be used. Rifle calibers, such as .223, .375 H&H, and .308, are not permitted on the range. In general, bottleneck or high powered rifle cartridges are not permitted. Also S&W .460 handguns are not permitted

http://coalcreekarmory.com/range.html

Edited by tnxdshooter
Guest tnxdshooter

I shoot at fugates now since I live in dayton.

It is 7.00 and I usually shoot about two hours. I have never been charged over that. The targets are included in the price. Their ammo is cheaper than any retail store or gun shop I have ever been around so sometimes I buy ammo there as its cheaper to.

I don't care if CCA was free! I would still drive an hour to go somewhere else and pay more! That's just me though, I am an ass about spending money with someone who treats me like crap everytime I go in! :up:

For what it's worth, I drive 30 minutes and spend $13.00 an hour at Sevier Indoor Range. I am always treated with respect and courtesy. I will spend more to be treated like I expect!

Edited by VERO1
I don't care if CCA was free! I would still drive an hour to go somewhere else and pay more! That's just me though, I am an ass about spending money with someone who treats me like crap everytime I go in! :up:

For what it's worth, I drive 30 minutes and spend $13.00 an hour at Sevier Indoor Range. I am always treated with respect and courtesy. I will spend more to be treated like I expect!

Agreed Sevier indoor range might cost a bit more but no pricks work there

I shoot at CCA, it costs me $10 and targets. I never buy my ammo there.

Many times I bring my own targets, but on occasion, I can't resist a zombie.

The time is unlimited. I have spent from an hour, to three there. Still $10.

I went there one night with a buddy of mine who had some free range time after buying a gun from them, and it cost me $5, as I was the 'extra person.'

Guest TargetShooter84

I have to agree with some of the posters on here.

First time I went in there, I had great service and that was in 2007 when I bought my first gun.

Ever since, its gone downhill, I was just there yesterday to just browse around and never got a "hello, can I help you?" or any type of greetings from that guy with the glasses and the other dude behind the rental gun desk.

Sucks that we are limited to ranges but with me and my buddy on limited time, CCA is the best place to meet, unfortunately, but I will not be buying a gun from them.