Chilhowee gun show

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went this morning. Good crowd and lot's of vendors...upstairs was open too. I picked up some re-loading supplies and visited my buddies at J&T distributing. I picked up a few things from them.

After that I left as I was out of money...lol

I went to Norris this afternoon. Had the place to myself for almost 2 hours.....on a Saturday!!

Plan to Go Sunday Most likely right after church.

Norris. you must have left before we got there. at about 5:30 today for the TN HCP course range qualification portion ( I scored a 441 :( ) .

I took my HCP class today at Austin's TN FireArms in Oak Ridge.

Yep, our very own TGO member/vendor/ NRA Instructor Phantom6 ( Hi Mike! ) teaches a very good TN HCP class that incorporates the NRA Basic Pistol Course too.

Highly recommend Mike & Austins TN if you need your HCP or other firearms training.

Well, apart from having 20-odd people tell me that my price on my Uberti was not that bad, but not a darned one of them actually buy the bloody thing, I did not think the show was that bad... Got to handle a Chiappa Rhino and a Webley, so all was not lost.

Well, apart from having 20-odd people tell me that my price on my Uberti was not that bad, but not a darned one of them actually buy the bloody thing, I did not think the show was that bad... Got to handle a Chiappa Rhino and a Webley, so all was not lost.

Same thing. Everyone said "that's a great price, you should have no problem selling it" for my USP but yet...no one bought it. I think money is just tight everywhere. I thought the show was decent...seemed guns prices around 200-300 were selling like hot cakes. I had fun.

Guest FroggyOne2

What floored me was the price on Smiths.. saw a few 4046TSW's there.. and would have bought one.. but geezzzz.. 750.00 dollars!!!!! Come on.. I guess that means that my 1066 is now worth about 1200.00!

I was somewhat heartened by the price of AR-15s, both lowers and complete firearms... I mean, seeing that one dealer with a gorramed forest of uppers was a heart-warming experience indeed. Ammo was still a bit rough, but if ARs are coming down, maybe everything else will as well...

thought the show was ok, I got there at 8:45 and there were about 50 people or less waiting to get in. But the crowd picked up. Gun prices were high, I did pickup some reloading supplies. Pissed a vendor off when I slightly moved his counter by accident. I was looking to trade in a .38 spl and provide cash difference for a Sig P238 but after the snafu - there went that deal. Oh well, just as well. Any gun show is a good gun show, if for nothing else just the walking exercise.

I was there but very late in the day. Only had about 1 1/2 hrs. to shop/browse.

Got a NcSTAR Tactical Flashlight (120 Lumen)/ (Red) Laser Combo unit to go on the rail of my P226 from the USA Optics folks.

Picked up some punches, pliers, hammer from the lady selling reloading/gunsmith gear.

I Have been looking for a tactical holster/vest setup and got one from the holster folks down in Englewood,TN in MARPAT digital camo setup for a soputhpaw.

I like the vest a lot but the holster was set up on the vest as a lefty crossdraw and just doesn't work for me as well as I had hoped it would.

I guess I'm gonna hafta go ahead and fork over the bucks for the Blackhawk Serpa on a tactical dropleg (side of thigh) Lefty setup.

Saw a few things at this show that caught my eye. The folks from Volunteer Ordanance in Cleveland had some nice Sig Sauer Rifles 516's, 556 SWAT, 522's and P522's and a P556.

They had a SIG Sauer 556 rifle with a M4 collapsible butt stock instad of the SIG folding stock. The guy in the booth said it was a older style/model 556 SIG still had around and he recently bought the last few they had. it was listed @ $1149 vs. $1499 for the new SIG 556 rifles.

Also, has anybody every had any dealings with or bought a rifle from the older man/woman (wife?) team at the RK shows from Johnson City?

His card Says Monte's Gun Emporium-Johnson City, TN (GalleryofGuns.com) and someone at Randy's Guns in Marshall, NC builds or supplies these for him .

He has tricked out AR-15s on his table for $1100 - $1200ish range (and AK47s but I don recall the $ on those) .

e.g. AR-15 in 5.56x45 NATO : S&W or Bushmaster lower, DTI/Deltonics Uppper with 16" 1:9 twist barrel, 5.56 NATO chamber, M4 Ramps , M4 collapsible Buttstock, Quad M1913 carbine length rails, with a NcSTAR Laser mounted on one side, NcSTAR Tactical light on the other and a vertical grip with switches for both on the bottom rail, 4x tactical Scope (not sure of scope make) w/ Green/Red illuminated/plain mil dot reticle on a flat top M1913 railed upper rcvr, adjustable Harris like bipod, 2 polymer AR 30rd. Magazines for $1185 cash price.

He also had some rifles in the same tricked out setups on an AK47 platform in 7.62x39R.

What do y'all think?

Cheers!

Red9MM