G19 question

Guest Nash45

Is Recoil Spring #03 the newest of the group? That is what I have. I only had the one fte with range ammo on the 2nd magazine ever fired so I am actually pretty happy. I actually think it was a bad round, it sounded weak. I dont jump on the bandwagon that the one fte means the whole platform has gone to crap. After about 300 rounds if I still have issues then I might be concerned.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well went to the range today and shot another 100 rounds out of my new G19 Gen 4. I was optimistic because I only had one FTE out of the first 130 rounds a week ago. Well today it was bad news. I had atleast one FTE every magazine and three in one magazine. I called Glock when I got home and they stated they would send me a new #04 recoil spring to replace my #03 and to call back in about 10 days to give them my information, given they do not have the new springs right now. I was surprised that I didnt have to justify the problem and the lady was very nice (I think she had heard this before). So +1 for Glock Customer Service for now. The real test will be in 10 days when I call back. On a side note I did shoot 15 rounds of Hornady +P and did not have a malfunction, but I can not afford to practice with top shelf ammo.

I got my spring for my G19 Gen 4 from Glock today BUT I think they got it wrong. When I tried to put the spring in the gun it was about a 1/2 inch to short. Nice. So I will call them again tomorrow.

Nash45

Guest gw2and4
I got my spring for my G19 Gen 4 from Glock today BUT I think they got it wrong. When I tried to put the spring in the gun it was about a 1/2 inch to short. Nice. So I will call them again tomorrow.

Nash45

Sounds like they mistakenly sent you a 26/27 spring instead. If it was me calling, I'd request they overnight the proper part since I'd already waited so long. Not saying they'll do it, but they might and it's worth a try...

I got my #04 spring yesterday after waiting a whole 4 days from when I called Glock. Today I went and fired 200 rounds of 115gr UMC bought from wal-mart and did not have a single malfunction. Needless to say I was pleased. It does have a tiny bit more recoil than with the #03 spring but still very manageable, it is a 9mm. Here is my question though. What round count should the firearm be at before it is considered carry worthy given the previous problems with the #03 spring. I don't need to hear "My Glock shot 10,000 rounds without a malfunction after being flattened by a steamroller". Realistically how many rounds without a malfunction before I should start carrying it. Note: It also shoots Hornady +p without a problem with either spring. Thanks for the help.

Yeah thats about the round count that I go for, 400-500 given the previous problems. Hopefully it works out because I love shooting this G19. Its the first Glock I have owned. I am a lefty with small hands so the new mag release and smaller grip finally got me to buy one. Previously I stuck with Springfield and Smith&Wesson's because they were more accommodating.

What round count should the firearm be at before it is considered carry worthy given the previous problems with the #03 spring. Thanks for the help.

More is better, of course.

But I think a realistic minimum is 200 rounds of practice ammo (I'd also re-try what gave you trouble before) and 50 rounds of your chosen defensive ammo.

If that's trouble free, I think you're GTG.

Again, that's a minimum and I'd prefer more, but some people have thinner budgets to think about.