And my wait begins.....

Guest tkemo648

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wifey took class with me back in September.

Was waiting on her birth cert from her madre back in cali. Fingerprinted/DMV work done yesterday. It took me I think 10 days to get mine .... We'll see how long it takes to get hers.

Guest tkemo648

I called the handgun office today since it has been 3 long weeks since I applied and got fingerprinted and they are still waiting on my application to process and post into the states system. Background check has came back clean, safety certificate has been processed into the states system. I am confused as to what the hold up is on my application if everything else is fine. I know several others have gotten their permits already and applied on or after the day it did. I just do not understand what the issue is. Shouldn't you have to have the application first to start the whole process????

I would love to know what the state of Tennessee would do if I owed them services for a payment that they had made to me......

Edited by tkemo648
Guest TheMikeLurie

nothing makes time pass slower than counting the days/hours/minutes... My advice to everyone that goes through the process is to do your best to forget about it until the 70-day point. They have 90 days to get your permit processed, and many people told me (at the time) to expect it to take the full 90 days. Other people told me it would be far less... but ultimately, they have 90 days to give you an answer, so I wasn't about to bug them with a phone call until it started getting close to the limit. If you get to the 70 day point and still haven't heard anything, then I would recommend a phone call. That gives you 20 days to take action if there is anything on your end holding up the process.

My wife and I took the class together and submitted our paperwork/fingerprints the next day. She had her permit in less than 2 weeks... I was still waiting after 2 months. Eventually I did get something in the mail that explained the State of TN needed some clarification on a charge that was on my record from 1991 (20 years ago). I had to send a request to NY and they forwarded the paperwork to TN and my permit was in the mail 2 weeks later. The odd thing (odd to me anyway) is that the charge in question was not a class-II misdemeanor and it happened while I was still a minor and was completely dismissed. It didn't meet any of the criteria on the permit application that would have resulted in the denial of my permit. But it was what it was...

Honestly, I always chuckle a little bit when I see how excited people are to be getting their permit. Not that there is anything wrong with it. I was excited too, and very happy when it finally arrived in the mail. but when you think about it, we do summersalts of glee when the state sends us their permission to do something that should be a God-given right. When you really think about it, it's like jumping for joy if somebody told you that you now have the right to breathe clean air and drink fresh water... but that's a different thread.

Guest ARMEDMARINE

tkemo648 - I applied the same day and you. I called today and was told it was issued yesterday and to expect it in the mail soon. Just FYI. Hope you get it soon.

Guest tkemo648

ARMEDMARINE, I hope your right but I just checked my mail tonight and nothing yet. Hopefully I'll be able to end my week with a permit tomorrow night in the mail.

Guest tkemo648

It has been exactly a month today since I submitted my application and got fingerprinted for my HCP. I just gave them a call a few minutes ago to check up on the permit and they nice lady told me that I was issued yesterday. She also said it usually takes 1-2 days to print the permit and get it in the mail and I should expect it in the next 7-14 days.

I'm finally on the last leg of the journey of being able to legally exhibit my 2nd amendment right. I just at the mercy of the printing press, mail room, and the USPS. I've waited this long, just a little longer to wait it out.

Guest ARMEDMARINE

tkemo648- Well, congrats on making it this far. Mine was issued on the 8th. Nothing in the mall today. IMO, the wait is worse now that I know it is just floating around. I will keep you posted on mine. I hear it is closer to 8-10 days from issue to mailbox. We shall see.

Guest tkemo648

Well tack an extra day onto the wait with today being a USPS holiday. Based on the issue date for me and the time it took for ARMEDMARINE to get his permint after being issued i'm hoping mine arrives sometime between tomorrow and thursday. Then I can finally legally carry without worry, its gonna be a long 72 hrs....

Guest tkemo648

....and the wait is finally over. My permit came in the mail this afternoon.

Jan. 18 Application and Fingerprinted

Feb. 14 Everything Cleared, Issued

Feb. 22 Postmark Date on Envelope

Feb. 23 Permit Arrived

We can obviously see where the hold up is......and it sure ain't the USPS