Now the wait Starts!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tkemo648

I'm going on four weeks since i turned in my application and got fingerprinted. For the past two weeks they have been waiting on my application to be processed into the system........2-3 weeks my @$$

I went to the West Knox DMV to apply today. Paid the $115 and got everything there taken care of but the place they told me to go for the fingerprints closed at 4 and isn't open on the weekends. I guess I'll just have to go get fingerprinted on Monday. Works out okay I guess since I'm off every other Monday and this coming Monday just happens to be the good one. Anyone know of anywhere else to get them done that is open on a Saturday?

I went and got my fingerprints taken today, and the guy there told me that it takes 30-60 working days for the DMV to get my fingerprints? Really? It was electronic. It's not like you have to put the card in an envelope and mail it. I know they have to have some type of system set up where since they are done electronically, they get e-mailed or something. If I give my fingerprints electronically, the DMV should receive them immediately. Either way, I decided to go to Coal Creek and shoot a little bit. Then I took the bike out for a little while. And considering it is still warm, I might take the top down on the Jeep and go riding around for a while. This summer time style weather is spoiling me. When the snow and frigid winds come back again, I am going to be pissed.

The guy who told you that the fingerprints take 30-60 days for the DMV to get them is wrong on a couple things. First, theres plenty of us here that got our HCP's in anywhere from a couple weeks to a couple months. Also, the fingerprints arent sent to the DMV but to the TBI and your local Sheriff's office, so I would not pay any attention to him. i got mine in 4 weeks, and that was with a problem I had to resolve. Its hard to wait when you want something so bad, but it will happen.

The guy who told you that the fingerprints take 30-60 days for the DMV to get them is wrong on a couple things. First, theres plenty of us here that got our HCP's in anywhere from a couple weeks to a couple months. Also, the fingerprints arent sent to the DMV but to the TBI and your local Sheriff's office, so I would not pay any attention to him. i got mine in 4 weeks, and that was with a problem I had to resolve. Its hard to wait when you want something so bad, but it will happen.

Good to know. I'm glad I have resources that have information when you need it. It seems like the guy that does it for a living should know, but all too often, that's not the case.

Do you fly 60's?

OK, fingerprinted the 3rd, recieved today FINALLY. You're gettin closer all the time Terry. For what it's worth we made our WWW trip (weekly wally world) before we got home and checked the mail today hahahah. I live out in the sticks so not making another trip for the "walk" till I need to go back anyway. (Which will probably be Monday on the way home from work)