.45 ammo recall

Guest Tom Givens

Guest Tom Givens

As a safety issue, you should check and see if you have any of this.

FEDERAL and AMERICAN EAGLE

45 AUTO PRODUCT SAFETY WARNING

Immediate Action Required

FEDERAL CARTRIDGE COMPANY • 900 BOB EHLEN DRIVE • ANOKA, MN 55303 • PHONE 763.323.2300 • Toll Free: 1-800-322-2342

Certain lots of recently manufactured 45 Auto ammunition may contain an incorrect propellant

charge. Use of product from these lots may result in firearm damage and possible

serious injury.

DO NOT USE PRODUCT FROM THE FOLLOWING LOTS:

38X628 through 38X765

38T401 through 38T414

If you have in your possession any 45 Auto with the following brand names and part numbers,

check to see if your ammunition package contains the above lots: American Eagle® (AE45A,

AE45N1, or AE45A250), Champion™ (WM5233), GoldMedal® (GM45B), Hi-Shok® (45C, 45D)

and Federal® Personal Defense® (C45C, C45D).

THIS WARNING APPLIES ONLY TO THE LOTS LISTED ABOVE.

If you possess ammunition from any of these lots, or have questions concerning this warning, please contact us

at 1-800-831-0850 or 1-800-322-2342 and ask for Product Service.

Federal will provide replacement product

and will cover the cost of returning the affected product.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lester Weevils

I have a box of wallyworld champion with the proper part number WM5233.

However there is no lot number anywhere on the box that I can find.

The Federal warning pdf has a picture illustrating where the lot number should be located on the box, but there is no marking in that location on my box,

The Federal warning pdf has a picture illustrating where the lot number should be located on the box, but there is no marking in that location on my box,

Same here

I just got off the phone with the Federal people. I have three boxs of Champion .45. They said the part number WM5233 should have the lot number on the upper left corner on the back above the bar code. I had one box that had the lot number there. The other two boxs the lady said should have the lot number on one of the end flaps inside. My two boxs had lot numbers of 123R6 stamped on the end flap (the lady said these were safe to shoot). The one box with a lot number of V38X713 was on the recall list, it also was in a wider box than the other two. I think it might have been an older box. I bought the two smaller boxs at one Wally World in Murfreesboro and the other across town in the other Wall World.

I'm waiting now for Product Services to call with info on returning the one box. Maybe this will help some to figure out how to check the ammo.

Guest Lester Weevils
I just got off the phone with the Federal people. I have three boxs of Champion .45. They said the part number WM5233 should have the lot number on the upper left corner on the back above the bar code. I had one box that had the lot number there. The other two boxs the lady said should have the lot number on one of the end flaps inside. My two boxs had lot numbers of 123R6 stamped on the end flap (the lady said these were safe to shoot). The one box with a lot number of V38X713 was on the recall list, it also was in a wider box than the other two. I think it might have been an older box. I bought the two smaller boxs at one Wally World in Murfreesboro and the other across town in the other Wall World.

I'm waiting now for Product Services to call with info on returning the one box. Maybe this will help some to figure out how to check the ammo.

Thanks Beartooth

I had noticed the number inside the end flap but didn't know if it was a lot number because it was formatted differently than the listed numbers. Mine is MO7R26. Will call em before I shoot it. I don't shoot a lot of .45