Trigger Change for Sig P239

Guest dprovons

Guest dprovons

I have recently discovered that there is a faster resetting trigger available for my main carry gun, the Sig Sauer P-239. How big a deal is it to replace a trigger? Sig recommends an armorer but is it something I could/should attempt myself?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on your skills... The first time I took mine apart, I thought I'd never be able to get it back right. Pulled up a diagram off the sig site and it helped big time.. I can completely tear it down now and reassemble it with my eyes closed almost.. The trigger wouldn't be a big deal at all.. But if you are second guessing, and don't feel comfortable, let the armorer do it. A detailed strip and reassembly only runs around 40$ then maybe a little extra for the trigger job.. When i coat a gun, my armorer detail strips, an reassembles most firearms for 40$.

Guest dprovons

Thanks, KCC! That's great information. It sounds like I should take the gun in to my local armorer and have him do it, if we're only talking $40-$50. Especially since my experience in this type of work is exactly 0... The SRT trigger in black is currently backordered from Sig so I've got a call in to them to let me know when it's available. Honestly, the only issue I have with this gun is the longish travel to reset the trigger so I'm very keen to make this change. Thanks again for lending your knowledge!

No problem. I can only assume though... Just depends on how much your armorer charges in general, such as a minimum shop fee, or hourly, etc.. Most shops I've dealt with for simple replacement jobs with out modification, are on average 45-50$. But yes, I think you would be doing the right thing by sending it to one of the professionals here on the forum that may be close to you or who ever you use/have used in the past.

I had never detailed stripped my Sigs until I got SRT kits for them. I searched around and found some videos of how to strip it and tore into it just remember the kit is not actually a trigger it is a sear and another piece I can't remember the name of.

Now for the bad news Sig will not sale the kits to anyone. They will only sale them to certified armorer and I think they just changed it to just LEO armorers. I could be wrong though, things change everyday.