Walther PPS .40

Guest aaron a

Guest aaron a

Looking at this gun to carry inplace of my PT940 any input. I haven't fired one yet just put one in my hands I do like the way it fits. I have also looked at the G27 but like the Walther better.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest buttonhook

you can practice alot more for the same money with the 9mm which will make you a better shot also the 9mm holds one more round then the size difference will not matter...also the 9mm will be more comfortable to shoot out of the sub compact...just saying buy what you feel comfortable with....if you already are buying 40's then I would prob. keep the ammo the same...you will not go wrong with the PPS

Edited by buttonhook
Guest aaron a
That "cheaper ammo" thing goes along way.

You can say that again I shoot my P22 alot just to stay in the game on my skills but shoot my 9mm,.40and.45 often also.

I would like to try one. You don’t have much choice in the thin 40’s. It’s pretty much either this or the Kahr.

I don’t think this gun was designed to be marketed to target shooters or as an "off duty" gun. I think they put the thin grip on it to be attractive to the “easily concealable†market.

Looking at this gun to carry inplace of my PT940 any input. I haven't fired one yet just put one in my hands I do like the way it fits. I have also looked at the G27 but like the Walther better.

I carry the Walther PPS .40 over half of the time and it has my vote. Great gun for concealed carry for sure!

Guest buttonhook
I would like to try one. You don’t have much choice in the thin 40’s. It’s pretty much either this or the Kahr.

I don’t think this gun was designed to be marketed to target shooters or as an "off duty" gun. I think they put the thin grip on it to be attractive to the “easily concealable†market.

it will outshoot my full size 1911........and it is a duty gun in euro

Guest buttonhook

If you were near me I'd let you try...I think you would be surprised!! I have shot several sub compacts and compacts and it's the most accurate I've shot. during my HCP test i kept every bullet inside the 9 ring so out to 15 yards it's pretty good and I'm not a great shot...I didn't miss the x or the 10 ring until the 15 yard mark and I think that was me....in all the posts you see about the PPS one thing you will always see is how accurate and soft shooting they are....and they are...now are they a target gun...no! but they are very very accurate even compaired to many full size guns.....the only draw back for some is the mag release (I like it)

BTW what 1911 are you shooting?

Edited by buttonhook

My wife got the Walther PPS in 40 for her HCP class because she liked the thin frame to carry over her revolver. By round 150 her hand was so sore that she gave it to me for my EDC. I love it and had the big dot XS night sights put on. For my tastes its perfect but she won't shoot it anymore and took my 9mm XDM.