New Beckers

Ethan Becker dropped in at ETO this afternoon with bags of "goodies". Some were familiar, but a few were brand new never seen before.

There were a trio of ~4.5" fixed blades that I'd not seen before. One was a smaller version of the venerable Magnum, a minimag if you will. Another was a classic bushcrafter grinde and the third was a clip point. All 3 had green micarta 3-D scales and wore black powder coat.

Ethan pulled an updated version of the Machaxe out of another bag. He claims it is possibly the best chopper he's ever made. Considering the older BKTs I have and their chopping ability I need to get my hands on this proto to find out how it compares.

I almost forgot to mention a non BKT he had along with him. Blue Ridge Sports, a very large distributor, has an exclusive on a stack leather washer handle KaBar new USN Mk I that you can see at the top of the image with the 3 new Beckers. Nice knife.

beckerateto.jpg

newbeckers.jpg

Edited by hso
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RiseMechanical

I like the new handles a lot. I have an old Camillus BK&T combat bowie and it is a beast of a blade. Will these be available soon?

• 4 weeks later...

I saw these at the Blade Show. They were at the Ka-Bar booth so I would assume they will be sold by Ka-Bar.

The booth rep gave me the following info:

They won't be available until 2012.

They will come with Grivory handles. You have to buy the Micarta handles separately just like you do for the BK2.

MSRP will be around $80.

Saw Ethan Becker at the KaBar booth too. My boys both wanted the new Eskabar knives. We got the last two they had. $30 each.... great deal! It was a great Blade Show. I came home with a Burnley "Kwaiken". Had never seen one before. Very cool knife. The Spirit of Steel Show will be in Knoxville again first weekend of August. While a fraction of the size of the Blade Show, it is a good show. I was absolutely worn out after all day at Blade.

Gary is on target.

The new knives will be ready to ship by SHOT.

LeadWaster,

Did Uncle Ethan sign the boxes for your boys? If not, ya'll should sign up for one of the woodscraft classes at ETO that Ethan will be helping with.

Edited by hso